cancelled // ross

"You're cancelling again?" you asked disappointed. Your eyes were sad and your heart aching. This was the fifth night in a row where Ross just had to cancel their dinner plans.

"I'm so sorry, babe. You know how important this is to me," he said and felt how the guilt was eating him up.

"It's okay. I-I understand," you whispered, your eyes not meeting his, "I'll just go to bed. Goodnight, Ross," you spoke in a voice so soft and so fragile that it made his heart sink. He had hurt you; he had hurt you badly.

All he wanted was to embrace you, kiss you, make love to you and apologize for being the worst boyfriend but instead he watched you disappear into your shared bedroom.
He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Y/N, babe. Can we please talk for a minute?" He asked, stepping into their bedroom.
You were sitting on your side of the bed, your back towards him, wearing one of his old t-shirts; it hung lose around your small, reaching down to her your thighs and your long and soft hair was in a ponytail.

"There's really not much to talk about, Ross," you said, closing your eyes not wanting to cry.

"Please, baby. I'm so fucking sorry." He stepped closer to the bed, your back still towards him; silence now filled the room.

"Babe, please. Just talk to me."

"What do you want me to say, Ross? You keep cancelling all the time. It's not me, it's you."

"I know, I know. I just want you to talk to me, Y/N. I miss you," he sighed, "Just tell me how I can fix this."

"I shouldn't be the one to tell, Ross. But I'm tired. I'm so tired and hurt," you whispered, "I know how important this is to you, but I'm important too, okay. You can't just forget about me and leave me here, Ross. It doesn't work like that." You were now facing him, tears rolling down your cheeks and it made his heart break. He leaned over to reach you; he needed you in his arms. He needed to hold you, to soothe you, to tell you that everything was going to be okay but when he carefully touched your cheek to wipe away your tears, you flinched away.
"Don't push me away, love. Let me hold you. Let me make things up to you," he pleaded, his voice sounding desperate.

"I'm tired, Ross. Can you please sleep on the couch tonight?" you sniffled.

"Y/N, please. Don't do this. We can fix this, okay? I'm so fucking sorry, babe," he apologized, trying to reach you again.

"Ross, don't," you spoke, your voice sounding small as you held up your hand as a sign for him to stop.

"Please, just listen to me," you begged and looked up at him with such sad eyes.

"Okay. I guess I'll be in the living room if you need me," he said in defeat, grabbing his pillow and duvet and tucked it under his arm before leaning over to press a kiss to you forehead.

"I love you."

"I know," you whispered.
--
IM BACK!!

lolol typos x636372822