Chapter Six- The Reveal

The next day Rey was serving coffee around her little shop and waiting tables , it was the middle of the day so it was pretty empty.

She walked over to a table with a pot of coffee in her hands , her apron was a soft mint color with flour on the middle , buttons from the mall around the collar and a patch that said 'Kenobi Cakes' in curly writing.

"Hi can I get you both -" she saw Ben with another woman .

"Rey" he smiled.

"Hi" she said shifting on her feet "can I get you both some coffee ?" She asked .

"We're fine thank you..." the lady said.

"Oh... okay great... let me know if you ... if you need anything" she mourned and walked back to the kitchen .

She saw Finn carefully making roses out of frosting on cupcakes for a bridal shower. "Hey honey" he smiled.

"He's here... again" she said .

"Ben ?" He asked .

"Yeah... he's here ... with a woman and ... how the hell am I suppose to tell him ?" She worried.

"I don't know" he sighed "just ... just take a deep breath "

*

She was walking to a table with a bagel on a plate "hi" she turned to see Ben .

"Ben" she smiled "hi" she noticed the woman wasn't there anymore and he had his check. "Ben... I need to talk to you actually " she said walking from the table.

"Oh... " he said and he followed her to the pantry. "Rey if this is about New Years ... I'm ... I'm not looking for a relationship, and look I'm sorry about what happened and all-"

"Yeah... that's the thing that happened that night" she scratched her neck "that caused this" she said.

"I understand , I mean a random hook up with  someone you don't know is odd... and trust me I wasn't trying to be some douche bag movie star and everything ... I'm really sorry I didn't tell you about my movie ... I didn't want that to alter your decision to speak with me -"

"I'm pregnant" Rey blurted and then covered mouth with her hand .

"Oh... um... congratulations" he offered a smile "I didn't know ...you where drinking so I thought... that could have just been a punch though ... I'm an idiot ... oh well congrats and all -"

"And it's yours " she bite her lip. She watched Ben's face grow white then him fall back .

*

"Ben ? " he heard a voice "Ben can you hear me ?" Someone was shaking him softly . "Ben !"

He opened his eyes and saw Rey hovering over him and some guy next to her .

"He may had a concussion " the man said .

"Call Poe" Rey told him . "Ben can you hear me ?" She asked.

He nodded "my head" he rubbed it "it hurts"

"That's cause you fell backwards in my pantry " she told him. "Do you remember how you fell ?" She asked .

"You're pregnant... and I said congrats and then I fell back" he said and she handed him a glass of water "thank you"

"Yeah... Ben ... I'm pregnant with your baby" she told him.

"My baby ?!" Ben asked nervously.

"Your baby..." she told him "I have been for three weeks and the last time I slept with someone was two months ago..."

"So ... your having a baby ?"

"Yeah" Rey said .

"And it's mine ?" He asked again for clarity.

"100 percent" Rey moved her hand to brush back some of her loose hairs .

"And ... it's a real baby ?"

"Not yet is it" she told him "but I'm pregnant ... and I understand if you don't want anything to do with me or it but... I'm keep it ..."

"Oh" he said.

"Oh ?" She asked. "Oh as in ?"

"That's a lot of information Rey ..." he grumbled rubbing his head .

"Well... I just thought that maybe you should know ... so in 18 years when some kid knocks on your mansion door and your butler answers your new  wife doesn't ask where this kid came from and why it's calling you dad ... you offering money and them wanting a relationship with you"

"I don't ... I don't want kids Rey"

"Neither did I ..." she said .

"I'm sorry Rey" Ben grabbed his coat from the floor "but ... I don't know what to do" he said "I don't want this baby"

"Oh" she sniffled "I understand" she wiped a tear "um... if you ... if you ever wanna know how the kid is and stuff ... you know where I work and live so... I'll see you around .. I guess and don't worry I won't come begging for money" she said "why act like a father when all you did was supply half its DNA... I think you should go"

"I should" he said and walked out he heard sniffled and then a broken sob.

-A.N.-
BENJAMIN CHEWBACCA BALI AMIDALA SKYWALKER ORGANA  SOLO CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE INVENTED A NEW KIND OF STUPID ! A DAMGE YOU CAN NEVER UNDO KIND OF STUPID !

-Joey