Chapter Twelve- The Mall

Rey's small flat washboard abs from lifting heavy sacks of flour and 100 pound cakes slowly faded away. Her clothes were tighter now .

She had began to sport just leggings and warm sweaters. Her hands moved around her stomach more often just so people knew she was pregnant and joy sporting a beer gut.

Leia and Rey still talked , she knew her baby's grandmother wanted to be in its life so she allowed it.

Leia and Rey talked about small things, how works was, Rey's plan for the future, baby names that they thought were stupid but never Ben.

"How are you sunshine" Leia asked as she handed Rey a warm plate of lasagna .

"Good ... I kinda look pregnant" she showed Leia and her hands flew to the growing baby.

"How adorable... would you like to maternity clothes shopping ? I know how your mother passed away... my mother took me the first couple times"

"First couple of times?" Rey asked .

"He didn't tell you?" Leia asked and Rey shook her head "Ben was not the first time we tried for a baby... I was 24 when I had him ... but 19 when we started trying ... " Rey saw Leia's eyes watering a little "we had four pregnancies before Ben... all too early to tell... Ben was born premature at only 25 weeks ... he was hooked up to machines and wires sticking out of him...he wasn't suppose to make it past a few days ... he's made it to 33..."

"I had no idea" she said.

"He doesn't like to talk about it" Leia said "so would you like to go?"

"Yes I would" Rey smiled .
*

Rey was looking at some jeans when Leia's phone rang "hello ... oh I'm just out ... at the maternity shop with Rey... no ... no ... No !" She put her phone off and back in her purse.

"Was that Ben ?" Rey asked.

"Yeah... he just dropped by at my house and asked why I wasn't there..."

"Oh" Rey said and looked at the dresses "should I get a nursing bra," Rey asked.

"Think so... but that can be on the baby registration... did you want a shower?" Leia asked.

"Finn asked me about it... I mean... I guess I just haven't thought about it"

"Oh ... you're only eight weeks plenty of time" Leia said and rubbed her back.

*
Leia and Rey were walking around the mall when they saw Ben , he was holding a box with him . "Mom" Ben said.

"Ben" Leia smiled "Rey and I were shopping"

"Yeah... um... would you two like to have lunch ?" Ben asked.

"I don't think so dear-" Leia began.

"I'm hungry" Rey said "well I always am ... if you don't mind Leia" Rey said .

"Absolutely not... I'll go put us in for a reservation at the Cheesecake Factory!" She smiled and walked off.

"You're glowing" Ben smiled at her.

"Probably the sweat from the morning sickness" she told him as they walked slowly.

"How's the kid ?" He asked.

"Okay... I should feel it moving any day now ... at least that's why my OBGYN said.." Rey told him.

"Here let me have those" he said grabbing her bags from her hands.

"Thanks" she smiled and they kept walking.

"I tried calling you... and texting you and coming by your shop" Ben said.

"I told you not too" Rey reminded him.

"You don't do that to family, you stay... and make a point" he said.

"You have a point" Rey added "I'm hungry let's go eat" she said and they walked to get find Leia.

*

Rey and Ben sat down at the same side and Ben's mother sat across from them , Rey's hands danced on her belly softly.

"Hi... what can I get you all to drink ?" The waiter asked.

"Coffee" Leia said and began to look at her menu.

"Coffee as well" Ben said .

"Ice tea" Rey said and the waiter left "I can't believe I'm not allowed to have coffee" Rey said.

"Ben's fault not mine" Leia said as she was looking at her menu through her red glasses.

"It is your fault" Rey said "you can have coffee and I can't !" She elbowed his arm softly "not fair"

"Yeah but people will give up their seat for the pregnant lady" Ben added.

"So ?" Rey asked rubbing her very small bump.

"Rey you got us out of the ticket today... a cop pulled me over and Rey said that she was having contractions early and the cop let us go" Leia told Ben.

"Impressive" Ben said .

"Yep" Rey smiled and took a piece of bread , smeared butter all over it and took a bite.

"I have something for you" Ben said and Rey looked at him funny . He handed her a box and she opened it.

'It's cause Lilly had children and Lucas never did ... duh !'
Inside was a ticket to the New York premier of The First Order.

"What ?" Rey said looking at him.

"I've been trying to give them to you for two weeks" Ben said.

Rey smiled and hugged him softly "thank you"

-A.N.-
I'm a loser jk we all are...

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD AO3 FICS ?!

-Joey