Chapter Twenty•Five - The Baby Shower

Rey was walking home from her yoga class, her belly leading the way as she walked inside the bakery.

"Where's Finn ?" She asked looking around .

*

When she opened the door to her apartment the first thing she heard was "surprise !"

Leia was there , wearing a nice dress and shoes "I decided in throwing you a baby shower, now go get changed !" She hugged the pregnant lady.

Rey smiled and dashed to her room to change and fix her hair

When she came out there was a cake and presents and food. Her belly grumbled and Leia's warm hand laid over it "I think someone is hungry" Leia said and Rey walked with her to the kitchen.

Leia insisted on Rey trying everything so the babies would come out thick and chubby.

"So... now let's talk about the names" Leia said as the guests were eating.

"Oh for the girl it's Kira Coraline Kenobi and Benjamin Lucas Kenobi" Rey said as she took a bite of her salad

"Kenobi ?" Leia asked with an eyebrow raised at her.

"We're not married ... so they'll be Kenobi's" Rey explained and Leia nodded her head.

*

"And this one is from Poe and I" Finn said handing her a box .

Rey smiled and opened the box to find two little chef hats, one in pink and one in blue "you guys" Rey smiled at the little hats.

"We figured they'd probably be like their fabulous mommy" Poe told her.

She smiled and hugged the two of them, kissing both of their cheeks in a sisterly way.

"This ones from me" Leia said handing her the box . Rey smiled and opened the box .

"What -" Rey said feeling the warm soft fabric.

"When Ben was a baby, I saved almost all his clothes... when Ben told me you were pregnant I made a giant blanket out of his old baby clothes ... but since there is two of them I made it into two" Leia said.

"This was all Ben's baby clothes ?" Rey asked her eyes teary.

"And" Leia began "Your grandfather and I found some of your old clothes ... they navy clothes are mostly Ben and the green clothes are mostly yours ... I put a little of both in the blankets "

Rey's eyes began to water and she hugged Leia tightly "thank you" she whispered to her hugging her tightly.

"You're so welcome" Leia told her Rubbing her back softly.

She smiled and Leia kissed her cheek.
The door opened and Ben walked in with a giant bouquet of flowers .

"Am I late ?" He asked with a smile at his mother . "Mom why did you make Rey cry ?" Ben asked as he handed Finn the flowers.

He saw a blanket in her lap "Rey ?" He asked sitting down next to her.
"What's this ?" He asked.

"Your mother made the babies blankets out of our old baby clothes" she said her eyes still watering.

Ben looked at his mother and hugged her, engulfing her in his large size . "Thank you" he whispered to his mother .

Ben sat down next to Rey to help her open the rest of the gifts . "This is from Hux and myself" Gwen said .

Ben opened the huge box and laughed "what is this ?"

"A twin crib... its can be separated easily for them as they get older" Gwen explained .

"Thanks Gwen" Ben said and they went to opened more. "What in the world ?"

"It's a breast pump" Rey said and Ben nodded "I'll explain later" she said .

*

The guests had left and Rey and Ben sat down in her living room with all the gifts.

She lifted her legs up on the coffee table and watched as her stomach moved .

"So what's a breast pump ?" Ben asked as he threw out some plates .

"It's kinda like how a baby sucks milk ... but it collects it so we can give the babies the milk even if I'm not here"

"Oh" Ben said and sat down next to her "did you enjoy your shower,"

"I did" she smiled "and it was our shower" she said.

"Our shower?" He asked as he lifted his feet on the coffee table next to her.

"They're our babies" she said and grabbed his hand to place on her belly . He felt the babies kick under his touch .

"They're kicking" he responded

"They are" she smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder .

"That was a strong one" he said .

"I think that was Benjamin" she said .

"Hmm, then where's Kira ?" He asked.

"Somewhere in there" she smiled . Ben leaned his head on hers and kissed her head softly.

Rey turned up to face him and kissed him softly. Ben kissed her back and smiled.

-A.N.-
Oh thank god for the weekend!

-Joey