Chapter Eight- The Friendships

Rey was in her personal kitchen , decorating a cake with sugar flowers and icing.

Her music was playing and her apron smeared with flour and icing. She heard her phone ring and she hit the speaker phone button.

"Hello?" She asked in to her phone.

"Rey?" She recognized it was Ben's voice .

"Yes Ben ?" She asked as she grabbed some edible paint from her cupboard.

"I was just calling to see how you and the baby where" he said into the phone.

"Were fine ..." she told him "just decorating a wedding cake for a client... can I help you with something?"

"Oh yeah " he said "I just wanted to know if you guys do like cupcakes and stuff...we just hit over 5 million copies sold... we need a cake and cupcakes and stuff... i had that cupcake the other day and it was amazing" he said.

"Um... yeah just email me what your looking for and I'll tell you the price and -"

"And ...I wanted to see if you wanted to come to the party -

"Ben I don't know -" she said.

"Please ? I mean... it's just ... please ?" Be begged.

"Maybe... I'll let you know" she said and he hung up the phone.

*

Ben was sitting at his desk with Hux sitting across from him as well as Gwen.

"You okay mate ?" Hux asked noticing his pale face.

"Yeah" he nodded "I just... Guys... so ... the girl , on New Years..."

"What about her ?" Gwen asked him .

"Well... we slept together ... and the other day she saw me and she ... Rey's pregnant" Ben told them.

"And it's yours ?" Hux asked.

"Yeah... and she told me she didn't need me to do anything but when I said I didn't want kids ever she seemed super upset..."

"What else would a pregnant woman be when her baby's father says that?" Gwen asked.

"Yeah and I changed my will...so that the rights of the series go to the kid and the she has money for the kid and a college fund" Ben told them. "She fought me on it, saying she didn't need it"

"That's wonderful !" Hux smiled and went back to his laptop.

"When we were in the doctor's office while I was telling her I saw the kid ... I heard it's heartbeat"

"Oh Ben !" Gwen gushed "so ?"

"I don't know ... I don't know how to go about this ? Do I ask her to date me ? Or -"

"Do you feel things like that for her?" Hux asked.

"She's a nice person, young ... only 23... she owns the bakery we went to the other day ..."

"She's 23 and a small business owner ... not bad" Hux told Ben.

"Maybe I should be in the kids life" Ben said.

"I think so" Gwen told him "what happens is one day the baby finds out your its father..."

"Yeah... I think I need to tell my mom though" Ben told them "she deserves to know , she's always wanted grandkids" Ben said .

"Wait she's 23?" Gwen asked .

"Yeah and ?" Ben asked.

"She's 10 years junior ... she was graduating high school when you won your first Pulitzer Prize !" Hux said .

"And ?" Ben asked.

"She was 11 when you had your first legal glass of alcohol!" Hux said again .

"Okay and ?"Ben asked again .

"Ben ... either she has daddy issues or is in it just for the money" Hux said and Gwen smacked his head.

"First of all Ben doesn't look 33, and second of all if she knew who Ben was when they first slept together she wouldn't have left in the middle of the night , or fought him on the college fund and will" Gwen scoffed at Hux.

"Okay okay I'm sorry" Hux apologized and they all shook their heads.

-A.N.-
WHAT DO YALL WANNA SEE IN THIS BOOK ?!

PLEASE FRIENDS IT WILL HELP AND YES I KNOW SMUT AND THERE WILL BE SMUT I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT YALL THINK WILL MAKE THIS A GOOD BOOK FOR YOU GUYS !

-Joey