Chapter 2: Mouse Trapped

Rin's P.O.V

"Ever seen this place?" I said, while flipping over the mouse traps on the floor.

"N-No.." Akira said, struggling to not fall on the mouse traps.

I skipped over to Akira, watching my every step.

"Why are there mouse traps EVERYWHERE?" She whined, annoyed.

"This place is secret, the whole kingdoms dark secret..." I whispered in her ear, making her shudder.

Heh, just kidding.

"Wh-what do you mean?" She questioned, stuttering with curiosity.

"Do you want me to explain the whole thing, or do you want to get out of here? If we stay here any longer, we'll get caught. They come here every hour."

"Who's they?" Akira asked, doing bunny ears with her fingers.

"You ask too many questions. Just follow my lead and we can get out of here."

"Fine," she sighed in surrender.

"One more question."

I rolled my eyes. "You never stop, do you?"

"Why can't we just pick up the mouse traps one by one so we can get to the exit?"

Is she even serious right now?

"Oh that's a great idea, Akira. We're twenty feet from the exit and mouse traps are scattered around everywhere from then. I'm sure it'll take less time to pick them up one by one."

She pouted. "Sorry.."

I rolled my eyes.

She laughed nervously, and because she was distracted, almost took a step into a mouse trap till I pushed her slightly away.

"You're welcome."

She smiled.

I was skipping over the traps much faster than she was. Soon, I was about three feet away from her. "Could you go any slower?"

"This is hard, you know? I'm trying my best." she muttered.

"Try harder, then."

Finally she reached where I was, the exit.

"Happy?" she asked, sarcastically.

"I sure am, Drama queen."

Akira rolled her eyes. "I am not a drama queen!"

"Keep telling yourself that."

I almost opened the the door, until we heard foot steps coming over our way. "It's the Kingdom Pests. We need to hide or they'll hear." I whispered and put her on my back, knowing she wont be able to skip over to where we needed to hide fast enough.

She was about to say something till she shut her mouth knowing if they hear us, we're doomed.

I skipped through the mouse traps, to behind a brick wall.

I took her off my back and signalled her to be quiet

Akira nodded. She was shivering, I can understand why since I know she never did something so rebellious. 

The three Kingdom Pests waved their flashlight place to place, pillar to pillar, looking  thoroughly. We were hidden in a place where they would never look, or even knew existed. It was a brickwall corner which if you look from afar, it looks like just a wall with no corner. I've escaped from here plenty of times that I already know this place better than the workers.

"Are you sure you heard something down here?" A Kingdom pest asked.

"I thought I did, must've been my imagination." The other Kingdom Pest answered.

Hah. Not your imagination.

I'LL CONTINUE ON NEXT CHAPTER! STAY TUNED! C:

*Continues eating cookies* Sorry it's short!