Chapter 13: Liar, Liar, I'm Out!

[Riven and Aisaka will look for Rin the next chapter]

Riven's P.O.V

Another day when the wind blows, the sky turns gray, and the sun hides. There is another day to be ready to ask Father...and mother. But, the thing I don't get is how would mother do such a thing? I don't fully believe what Rin said, but then again- Why would she lie?

I went to talk to father and he was sitting in his throne, while his slaves were massaging his feet...-.-

"Father. I need to talk to you."

"What is it, dear?" He asked.

"I-I need to ask you something..."

"Hm? What is it? It's not about changing classes again is it? I told you, you can't change your class." 

"It's not about that...Could we talk in private?" I asked, glancing at the slaves.

He had a puzzled look on his face, but shrugged it off. "Sure, why not?"

We went to my bedroom and sat down on my bed.

"Father..." I hesitated.

"Do you...remember Rin?"

He stood up and walked out of the room.

I had a shocked expression. Why?

I ran out of my room and catched up to him. "Why are you ignoring me, father?"

"You shouldn't be talking about a pathetic slayer-assassin."

"She's not pathetic! What are you saying?!"

He looked at me and frowned. "She betrayed the kingdom, is what im saying. She killed Aji..."

I slapped him. "Don't say that ever again."

He had his eyes opened wide. 

"You know for a fact that you forced her to kill Aji, and raised her because Aria The Valiant Scarlet told you to since she is a prodigy who couldn't take care of Rin, she wanted to keep her in safe hands...But...You...and mother...hated her."

He froze. "Where did you get all this information?"

"Rin told me, and Aria."

"You talked to Rin and Aria?!"

"I'm not here to talk about that! Why Father? Why did you lie to me, why did you lie to everyone?!"

He looked down. "Aria The Valiant Scarlet had killed Mirai...My sister."

I was dazed. "Huh?"

 "She said she didn't mean to do it...She said Mirai had gone insane and tried to kill her...I couldn't believe that."

"But, father...why did mother hate Rin too?"

"She didn't. It was only me...I don't know what Rin told you, but that's probably her belief."

"You're calling someone innocent pathetic...But you're the pathetic one. You forced her to kill Aji, you forced her to "betray" the kingdom..."

He looked away in shame.

"I do not want anything to do with this Kingdom, or you. You can say I betrayed it too, father."

He choked. "Riven?! You're betraying the Kingdom???"

I nodded. "Tell the guards they don't have to chase after me..Or Rin."'

He didn't move as I walked out from the Kingdom. 

I began to call Aisaka to look for Rin.

Short since this is kinda like an extra chapter, next chapter will be long and better bai<3