Chapter 3: Pickle and Rabbit

Rin's P.O.V 

Is she my friend? I couldn't stop thinking those words. I don't know if it was a sign of loneliness or that she's going to betray me in a while.

The Kingdom Pests had left and now it was just us, still hidden, making sure they left and wont come back for some idiotic reason.

 "All clear?" Akira asked.

"All clear." I skipped over to the exit in ninja mode. 

"We should make code names for each other, i'll call you pickle and i'll be rabbit."

"I don't want to be called pickle," she whined.

"Then, get over here," I said in a commanding voice, "or else."

She saw at the frightening look on my face and possibly by my side faster than I came to the exit.

"Please don't kill me," she pulled a puppy face, "I don't want our friendship to end like this!" she held her heart dramatically.

Friendship? Those words made my face pale.

I laughed, "Friendship?"

I guess I said that only in a mumble though...she seemed to not hear me.

Akira opened the exit and we looked around to see a purple portal.

"Is that..?"

"Yes, the outside world portal," I interrupted, knowing what she was going to say.

She gulped and looked pale. "I'm having second thoughts."

"Too late," I grabbed her hand and ran to the portal.

"Any last words till your life changes forever?"

"N-Not really.."

I threw her in. "W-Wait!"

Too late

I went in after her.

~

"Welcome, to the better Hell," I smiled.

It wasn't dirty or anything, it was like any normal city you could imagine. 

"I-It makes me feel so free." She looked around with lost eyes.

"I know." 

"Where are we going to go?"

"You choose. Dumpsters or a random backyard?"

She gulped. "Those choices are too.."

"I know what they are. But, we don't have enough money to buy a house."

She looked sad and hanged her head down.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

"Dumpsters."

"What?"

"Dumpsters."

"I did not expect that answer." I raised a brow.

"I don't want to be caught in someones backyard." she fiddled with her fingers.

Already betrayed a Kingdom, now being caught in a backyard is a problem?

"Well, whatever," I said and started walking to our destination.

"H-Hey, Rin?" she asked.

"Hm?"

"Were you lonely?"

Lonely?

"What do you mean?"

"Like..you were alone all this time, wandering streets and in a world full of crowds with families and friends. You must've been lonely."

I laughed. "I've never thought of that.."

My heart had a feeling like it was stabbed. Loneliness. I was lonely.. wasn't I? I was too busy stealing food and being lost in my own world. I never thought of that...Did I even look at everyone around me? Everybody together having fun while I just sit in a dumpster and stare at the night sky. I was so oblivious of the world around me...But, now.

"I was lonely, wasn't I?" I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"Never mind."

I looked over at her and she was about to say something but closed her mouth. 

"I wasn't lonely." I declared.

Lies, Rin. When will you stop lying?

I'm not lying.

Lies.

I'm not.

Lies.

I'm not!

You finally have a friend and the first thing you do to gain her trust is lie!

I..did..no..I only ..

Stop the tough act, it wont get you anywhere in life. Remember when you first met Riven? You lied about..that.. and she didn't talk to you for two months after that.

I didn't even lie about something big this time.

But, you lied. This time? That proves of how much a liar you are. Didn't you promise yourself to not lie after that? Rin, what happened to that promise? What happened to you?

...

"Oh..then, i'm glad."

There was a lump in my throat. The one you get when you try to stop crying. I didn't know how it came but it was just there, like a fly.

We finally reached out destination

Akira hugged me. "Thank you."

"F-For?"

"This. As much as you think i regret it I don't. This is what I wanted and this is what I got, i'm happy i'm with you and finally have a friend. I'm glad I trusted you."

Friend.

Friendship.

Trust.

I smiled. "You're the one who I should be thanking."

She laughed. "How come?"

"I finally have a friend. I'm not... l-lonely anymore."

She looked at me with kind eyes. "Good."

 END OF CHAPTER! ^-^ Hope you enjoyed~