Chapter 29: Aria, The Valiant Scarlet

Rin's P.O.V

"M-mom..?!" I got up from the floor and ran to her.

What are you doing here?! I expected her to hear me through telepathy, but she didn't. Seems she turned it off.

"I know you said this was your fight. But, sometimes you don't always have to be alone on things," she smiled.

I bit my lip, but stayed silent.

"Now, what have you been doing, Reaper?" she asked with a wide and confident smirk on her face.

She was beautiful. Blonde hair, gray eyes and the cutest dimples. I really missed her... 

He glared at her, "This isn't a fair fight." 

"Hmm? What are you talking about? It's completely fair."

"Two on one? Don't be ridiculous."

"Why are you suddenly caring about what's fair and what's not? Aren't you The Soul Reaper." she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, I'll take you both on. You'll regret even coming here," he smirked and took out his blade.

"Oh, getting feisty, now are we?" she grinned and took out two daggers. Is she a rogue?

Suddenly, she disappeared.

"A-Aria?" I looked around for her. I can't do this alone, as much as I hate to admit it. I have no idea how to use my powers.

Akise was just staring at the whole scene. What does he think this is, a game? I'm still wondering about all he said. Mental sigh. I am too gullible, aren't I?

I looked over at The Soul Reaper who was doing something with a transparent screen. He looked like he was in a rush, with a frightened look.

Suddenly, a sharp scream escaped his lips and he coughed out blood, "A-Uh...A-Ah.kkuh.." 

He smirked, "Th-This..wont end here.." he struggled to speak.  She was behind her...with someone..with..the little girl?

The little girl had a red aura around her and her hands were on his back like she was casting a spell. However, Aria stabbed him right in his waist from behind. She ambushed him.

I wanted to do something. So many things were on my mind that I couldn't catch what was happening. I felt useless. I'm a good assassin, yet, I can't do anything against him. I clenched my fists and charged at him with a dagger. But, I was dumb to do that. Since, he already took off from that spot. Where is he?

I heard a laugh from a distance. He was at the corner of the room, where a strange device was. His fingers moved over many buttons, and he already healed his wound. I wonder what he's doing...But, this is my chance, isn't it? I'll kill him. I'll show everyone what I can do. I'm not weak.

I charged at him once more, but before I knew it...I tripped. Why?!

I looked down to see what I tripped on. My face grew pale. A dead body?!

I shrieked. "No..No..why?!"

The little girl came running to me, "Get up! Akira's in danger!" she cried.

Akira? In danger? Oh no..This is my fault. I let her come here. This is all my fault, I can't let anything happen to her. I got up and gagged. How..terrible..

"Please! Before it's too late!" 

I looked around and Aria was fighting The Soul Reaper, one on one. I didn't even notice that Akise had dissapeared.

"Where is she?" I asked her.

"In the other room, The Soul Reaper held her captive."

What?! Not paying attention to what was going on. Aria fighting, Akise missing, the little girl freaking out, I sprinted to an exit. "What is this place?"

"We teleported to another area last time--come!"

I followed her and we entered another area. There were  dead people everywhere. I saw Akira trapped inside a cell up the stairs.

"Akira?!" I ran to her, dodging the bodies.

"Stop! You'll get hurt!" she cried.

Suddenly, a blade swung at me. H-Huh?!

It was a doll. Well, that's how it looked. I took out my daggers and stabbed him in his stomach.

"Get out of my way," I muttered.

After a few more of them, I finally reached to where Akira was. They weren't hard to fight, just very sudden. I don't even know where they were coming from.

I panted, "Akira...how did you get here?"

"I don't know...When I broke the seal, I teleported to this room. You guys were nowhere to be found and I saw the little girl walking out of the room. But, a 100 of these guys ambushed me. I couldn't even take out my sword, or use magic, there were too many of them. Plus, in here, these cells, magic doesn't work."

I sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry...I didn't even think about looking for you...I just found Akise and-"

"It's okay Rin! Just get me out of here and we'll be fine. Let's take down The Soul Reaper," she smiled.

I nodded and smiled back. I kicked the cell open. Sounds weird? Well, everythings weird in this world.

I took her hand and we both dodged over the bodies and ran to the exit. She got better at jumping over things. I guess the mouse traps paid off. The little girl was waiting for us. "Thank you..you got her back," she smiled.

I grinned, "Of course."

We rushed to the other room where The Soul Reaper was and I remembered Aria. Ugh, I left her alone... She must be injured. Everyones getting hurt because of me...

I took a step in and my eyes widened, The Soul Reaper was on the ground, and by the looks of it, Aria won.

"Mom.." I smiled.

"Rin," she smiled back.

She glanced at Akira and the little girl, "We won," she said.

I sighed, "Is it over now?"

"I guess so," Akira smiled.

"Rin," I turned around to see Akise, shaking.

END OF CHAPTER

This was one of the easiest chapters I wrote. Wow. I'm shocked XD Hope you enjoyed. Leave a vote and comment if you did, it helps, thanks. :D I updated finally. @Bakacx follow her for more followers. XD byee~