Chapter 28: Wind Fury

Rin's P.O.V

"Are you trying to battle with me?" There was a wide smirk on his face like he knew he was going to win.

I backed away. I felt fear rise up. I felt powerless against him. There was nothing..I could do.. "Rin..you have to try, please!" implored Akise. It's not like I had a choice! There were no words coming out of my mouth. I was too afraid to speak. "Rin!" he cried. "Akise?" The Soul Reaper laughed bitterly, "I didn't think you'd take her side, did love take over your mind?" Akise clenched his fists, "Please, Rin, listen to me, if we don't do this..the whole world will be in danger." I didn't deny it, but I wasn't ready either. I didn't know what was going to happen after I released my half-dragon powers or whatever.

He laughed, "Alright, little girl. I'll give you a chance to show me what you can do. Though, we all know the outcome." Though, he seemed a bit too excited. I can see him shaking...or was that fear?

Suddenly, Akise grabbed my hand and turned me to him, "A-Akise?" He looked like he was hiding something. "Didn't your mother abandon you?" My eyes opened wide. Why did he bring this up? I started shaking, "She did, didn't she? I think she got sick of you.." I clenched my fists. No words came out of me. "Oh and Akira? She told me she was only using you for your Wind Fury powers. She told me when you were under the trance." I dropped the the floor, "Wh-What?" my gaze was on the ground.

"Believe it or not, nobody really wanted to be your friend. Neither did I of course." 

What about Riven? No..she never liked me anyway. Nobody did. I always had no friends...I was stupid enough to believe someone could actually be my friend, especially Akira. She's a strong noble anyway. She must've been a spy from the Kingdom.. 

"You'll always be that pitiful Slayer-Assassin,"

Anger rose up inside of me. I couldn't make out if it was really anger, though. I feel betrayed..

"Rin, you're nothing but a puppet, a half-dragon Wind Fury. Remember who you are, remember why you're alive...and you can get your revenge."

I'm a Wind Fury. I'm a Wind Fury! Wait, why am I listening to him?! "Think deeper into it! Become who you really are, Rin! Become who you are meant to be!" Wind Fury.. "Get your revenge! Be who you are and destroy everyone in your way!" I can't listen to him! But..I am..I'm a Wind Fury, nothing but a puppet! Everyone uses me. Nobody cares about me. I'm believing him.. too easily..But I can't help it!

I looked over at The Soul Reaper. My eyes became a reddish-black color, and my back felt like something was stabbing it. "Soul..Reaper.." I muttered. My voice was becoming deeper. "That's right, Rin! Your main goal is to kill him!" My anger started to soothe. 

Soon, I had full grown wings. They looked like bat ones but much bigger and pointier. I was flying in the air and my hands had blue mist coming out of them. My mouth felt dry and cold.

The Soul Reapers eyes shined and his hands were reaching out to me unconciously. "Fight..me..Wind Fury!" he demanded, thrilled. 

Pain exploded in my head and I fell the the floor. Make..it stop!

Rin? There was a familiar voice in my head.

Who..Wait..you can't be! You're..

It's me, honey. Her voice broke. She sounded miserable.

M-Mom?

Yes..I'm only temporarily here though. I'm here to explain how to use your powers.

I thought..I thought Akise would explain that.

He only tried to persuade you. I honestly didn't think your powers would .. unleash..

He-He made me! I didn't really want to..But, it was the only way..

Honey, I know. We don't have much time. Her sweet voice lighted my ears. I missed her so much. But why did she have to abandon me...?

Please..listen to me, I know you have so many questions, and I promise one day-one day I'll answer them. But nows not the time, dear. Listen to me.

I stayed silent. Only waiting for her to continue.

Get close to The Soul Reaper and inhale alll the way. Then, exhale.

I moved closer to him and he only grinned, "You don't even know a thing about your powers..It was fun seeing how a real Wind Fury looks in person, though. But, this is over for you now..Little girl."

I did what she said and suddenly, blue misty air blew out of my mouth. He fell to the floor.

His whole face was ice-frozen. He yelped. "How..do you know how to use them?!" I shrugged and did  a smug smile.

Good job, dear. She sounded so proud..and that made me so happy. But, everything that Akise said couldn't have possibly been true, right? She seems like such a nice woman. [Rin can only speak to Aria when she wants to, other than that, Aria can't read her mind]

Th-Thank you.

The Soul Reaper got up from the ground. "You're underestimating me~" he sang.

He raised his hand, so his palm was pointing to my chest, "Die." he mumbled.

Dodge it Rin! You're an assassin, a rogue! Aria implored.

I dodged it by dropping to the floor. 

He laughed, "Fine. I wont go easy on you!"

What do I do?!

There was a small silence.

I'll..show you.. her voice seemed like she was up to no good.

M-Mom?

Rin..you wouldn't mind if this wasnt 1 vs 2, right?

What..? Yes I would! This is my fight. But, why would you ask such a thing?

Sorry, then. Turn around, honey.

I turned around...and nothing was there.

A few seconds later ...she teleported through the wall.

"M-mom..?!"

End of chapter! 

Sorry for the wait D: Hope you enjoyed though! ;3 I wonder where Akira is though, and that little girl? :O