003- Pancakes

~"Pride is not the word I'm looking for."~

Cold sweat beaded off your head and fell onto the tiled floor of the training area as you panted heavily. Your dripping hair was pulled into a messy bun atop your head.

"Come on (y/n), pull yourself together!" Jack shouted from across the arena, standing with his arms crossed while Angela watched close by, observing you for any injuries.

You gripped the handle of the sword you were given - sense you were frightened of guns - and charged forward with a battle cry, slicing a bot in half.

You then proceeded to do a backhand spring and decapitate two bots in one motion. Nuts and bolts flew through the air and fell to the ground with a click.

This continued for a while, until you had pushed yourself to your limit and fell to your knees, passing out.

~Time Skip~

You were laying in your room, staring at the ceiling. You arm and head were bandaged in medical wrap and your left leg hung loosely off the bed. You rolled your head to the side and sighed quietly. What had you done to deserve this? Not even Reaper wouldn't train you this hard. But it was different, you guessed, closing your eyes, he knew your limits.

In your eyes, you saw Reaper as a sort of Father Figure. He raised you the best he could and even made you skull shaped pancakes for your eighth birthday. He gave you presents on your birthday, made sure you were feed and cleaned and made sure you were safe. But as you got older he was more stern with you and trained you to take his position as leader if he were to die. You were devoted to Talon until he told you what had happened to your true parents. It was an understatement to say that you were pis**d. You distanced yourself from Reaper and tended to stick by Sombra, who was like a older sister to you.

But that was then and now you were considered Reaper's "enemy." Though you doubt he would kill you, he would use those around you as bait to draw you out.

You grunted as you pulled yourself out of bed and headed to the kitchen to get breakfast. You pulled open a brown cabinet and grabbed a box of pancake mix and reached down to grab a pan and spatula, then you turned on the stove and waited for it to heat up.

~Time Skip Brought To You By Making Pancakes~

When the large stack of pancakes were finished you grabbed a handful of plates for the other agents. You put three pancakes on each plate and you found a skull shaped cookie cutter. You looked at your own plate and pressed the cookie cutter down on the pancakes. You threw away the scraps and opened the fridge and looked for maple syrup.

"Pancakes, huh?"

You spun around and almost dropped the bottle of syrup in fright. McCree had his arms crossed and he was leaning on the door frame as he was smoking.

"No smoking in the house," You mumbled and set the syrup down on the counter. "Yes," You answered and smiled softly. "Da-Reaper taught me," your eyes wandered to the side and you blushed lightly at your stutter.

"Did I hear that right?" McCree asked and his eyes glimmered in mischief and he smirked when you glared at him.

"I don't know what you're talk-"

"You almost called Reaper 'Dad,' He interrupted approaching you slowly.

You growled under your breath and grabbed the plates, setting them on the table.

"And your point?" You snapped impatiently slamming your own plate down roughly in the process. You saw McCree flinch slightly and you put the syrup in the middle of the table.

"Is...Reaper your dad?" McCree asked carefully and you then proceeded to throw scalding hot pancakes at his face. McCree screamed like a little girl and he pulled the pancakes of his face. Footsteps could be heard in the distance and the commander's angry voice could be heard.

"What's going on here?!"