020- Tea with a side of Mchanzo

"We start believing that we belong"

"Genji, I want pizza!" You whined shutting the fridge door in defeat. It had been a week since you returned, and thankfully, the team hasn't babied you that much, except for Genji, who was always nearby.

"Koneko, you don't need pizza," Genji said, setting his mask down on a table and leaning against the door frame, with his arms crossed. "There are plenty of other things to eat that are much better for you."

"I. Don't. Care!" You yelled, puffing out your cheeks in annoyance. "I want pizza!" You hit Genji's chest playfully and sticked your tongue out at him.

"K-koneko," Genji backed away, his back hitting the wall. "We are not ordering pizza." He said sternly and you growled in anger, raising your hand to slap him gently. As you were swinging, however, he grabbed your wrist, whipping you around, your back hitting the wall roughly as you blushed fiercely.

"Wanna try that again sweetheart?" He whispered into your ear, smiling. He backed away with a smirk on his face, still holding your wrist gently. You looked behind him, breaking eye contact out of embarrassment. He still had a cheeky smile on his face until you started screaming.

He backed away, letting go of your wrist while you pointed behind him, still screaming. He whipped around, his hand reaching for his sword, eyes hardening.

"What's wrong?!" McCree bursted into the room, Peacekeeper in hand. You tried to make yourself small, crouching to the ground in fear.

"S-Spider!" You shouted and Genji relaxed a little, releasing his hand from his sword's hilt. McCree sighed, putting his gun back in its holster walking towards where you pointed, holding out his hand for the spider to crawl on.

The small spider crawled onto McCree's gloved hand and he walked towards the door where he opened it, letting the spider crawl onto the concrete before shutting the door behind him.

Genji helped you up, holding you close while petting your hair. Lifting your chin up, he pressed a soft kiss onto your lips, which you happily returned. He opened his eyes for just a moment to see McCree glance at the two of you awkwardly, so he broke the kiss, much to your dismay.

"Alright lovebirds, break it up," McCree said, shaking his head. Then, he looked at the clock on the stove and grinned. "I'll see y'all later. I've got a date with a certain archer an' I don't wanna be late." He winked turning around, as he started to walk towards Hanzo's room.

"W-wait!" You quickly grabbed the pad of paper and the pen that lied on the counter, writing a message onto it:

Meet me at 7:37 in the mess hall. Don't be late.
                                      ~❤️

You handed it to McCree, who looked at it quizzically before stuffing it in his pocket.

"Give that to Hanzo but don't tell him who it's from." You watched McCree nod, tilt his hat and walk off. You turned back to Genji, shrugging before kissing him and walking off, leaving him flustered.

~Time Skip to 7:36 because why the heck not~

You poured the steaming tea from the kettle into a cup as you waited for Hanzo to arrive. As your turned on your phone to see that it was 7:37, you heard footsteps enter the mess hall.

"You actually came," You turned around with a smile to face Hanzo, setting the cup down on the table. "I made tea."

"Thank you," Hanzo said, as he sat dow before taking a sip of the tea. "Why did you want to talk to me?"

You smiled before answering. "Sorry for shooting you back there," Hanzo looked taken aback by your apology as you continued. "I wasn't....myself. I tried, y'know, to fight him. But he threatened to kill Genji. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to him, or anyone else."

"Thank you," He said, and you noticed a small smile on his lips. "You did what I couldn't do all those years ago. You saved him. You didn't give in to Samael. You fought him to protect the ones you love. I could have never done that."

It was silent for a while after that. You had finished your tea, setting the cup onto the table before you broke the silence.

"So, you and McCree, huh?"

He blushed a dark red, looking down at the tea that remained in his cup.

"I don't deserve him." He chuckled and you laughed silently in return.

"You're right," You said and Hanzo looked up in surprise. "You don't deserve him. But you make him happy, and that's all that matters. Treat him right, ok?"

You walked out of the mess hall, opening one of the doors that led outside. As you approached the cliff that bordered the Watchpoint, you started to strip. Underneath your clothing, you wore a black kneeskin. You carefully set your folded clothes down near the cliff before jumping off the edge and into the ocean.

The water was cold, which didn't surprise you as you started to float on your back, the sun blinding you as it set. You breathed on deeply, inhaling the salty air before closing your eyes. And for the first time in a while you finally felt free.
----------
Sorry it took so long for me to update! I had performances earlier this month for the play I was in and I'm leaving for New York in a week. We're driving to New York so hopefully I will be able to update since I'm going to be in a car for 31+ hours round trip. Happy Pride Month!