035 - Love

"Save your razorblades now, not yet."

Jesse didn't know what to say when he had heard the news from Genji that Hanzo had killed an angel and returned to the Clan. You, along with your mother arrived at Gibraltar a few days after Genji had which caused you to become very bitter towards your fiancé.

When you and your mother had walked through the doors of the mess hall, Jesse had moved to hug you but you had moved past him stiffly. The cowboy was confused with your rude behavior but then he turned his attention to the older woman beside him, holding out a hand for her to shake. She took it with a smile and introduced herself. "I'm Leah, (Y/N)'s Mom. It's so nice to finally meet you." Jesse arched his eyebrows with interest. "I'm Jesse McCree, Ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you. (Y/N) told me you were dead?" Leah chucked nervously and turned her attention to you. "Everyone did."

"Genji Shimada!" You yelled, and everyone's eyes turned to you, surprised with your sudden outburst. Genji stood up and walked towards you, smiling cheerfully and giggling. "(Y/N)!" He said, throwing his arms up for a hug. You snarled and backhanded him across his scarred cheek. "I can't believe you!" You yelled in his face. "You left me and my mom in the cold snow with no way to get out of the country! And how dare you come up to me expecting me to throw my arms around you and hug you. Your asshole of a brother killed Sorath and Samael! Oh, and he's back with the Clan! I told you he would betray us! But you didn't listen! You never listen to me anymore!" You shrieked, shoving him and walking past him, finding Angela.

"What do you mean he killed Samael?" Genji asked softly, feeling everyone's eyes on him. You turned around to face him. "While you were here prancing around with your boyfriend I went back to the temple to get Sam! But I saw him with a sword in his heart and so I buried him along with his brother!"

"Zenyatta is not my boyfriend!" Genji tired to reassure you. You scoffed. "Oh yeah? Well it sure seems like it! You always look like your having a blast with him! You're all smiles with him but I only get your pitiful glances and your stupid fake affection!" Genji flinched and clenched his fists. "Let's not do this here, (Y/N)." He finally said. You sighed and nodded walking back towards the door and motioning for him to follow you.

You walked together in a tense silence that was eating away at your brain. Genji remained neutral as you started to mumble curses under your breath. You reached your shared bedroom and threw open the door before stomping inside. Genji followed silently, shutting the door behind him and leaning against the wall.

"You left me behind," You growled, turning around and clenching your hands into fists. Genji inclined his head. "You left my mother and I in the goddamn snow." Your fiancé sighed.

"I know what I did was wrong, (Y/N) but listen to me-"

"No," You scowled, staring at him with rage. "You left me there for a reason, what was it." He stared at you with those eyes. Those wonderfully intelligent eyes. "Tell me." You ordered.

"I wanted to know if you were going to be strong enough," Genji said softly. "When I told you the truth." You took only a step back. "What are you talking about?" You whispered.

"He's going to come for you," Genji kept his voice steady. "Hanzo, I mean. I have to keep you safe. And the only way to do that is for me to leave you."

A beat passed. Then another. Until Genji finally opened the door and began to leave.

"Don't you dare leave me!" You shouted, not minding if anyone heard your broken screams. "Don't fucking turn your back on me you bastard!" You clenched his metallic arm and yanked him backwards.
"Please," You begged, tears forming in your eyes. "After everything we've been through. You told me you loved me-"

"I never loved you, you crazy bitch!" Genji's voice was low and dangerous as he spoke. You backed away, your back hitting the wall. He didn't look back as he left the room.

You slid your engagement ring off of your finger and dropped it to the ground.