Chapter 7

Brook sat on the floor, staring at her leg, her jeans had a tear at the bottom because of the spear that ripped open her calve. Her head shot up when the little girl continued to toss and turn, her eyes still open.

"I can't sleep."

Brook glared uncomfortably at the small child, "Count sheep."

"That won't work." She cried out, "My mom used to sing me to sleep."

Bellamy moved beside her, "I'm not much of a singer."

Brook frowned, she moved her body slightly, so she was no longer facing the two. "♬Once I rose above the noise and confusion. Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion, I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high. Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man. Though my mind could think I still was a mad man. I hear the voices when I'm dreaming, I can hear them say. Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest, don't you cry no more. Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season. And if I claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that I don't know. On a stormy sea of moving emotion, tossed about, I'm like a ship on the ocean. I set a course for winds of fortune, but I hear the voices say. Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest, don't you cry no more. ♬" When she heard the sound of even breaths, she stopped and leaned her head to the side of the cave. She was glad the lullaby was good enough to make that child sleep, everything inside of Brook was telling her something was up with that kid.

"I didn't know you could sing."

Brook turned her head to see Bellamy staring at her, "You don't know a lot about me, Blake." She released a yawn, her glasses were being pushed by the wall, so she took them off, keeping her eyes shut.

"You're good at it."

Brook opened one of her eyes, looking at Bellamy, "So people say, Regina tells me that all the time."

"So you sing often."

"Used to." She pulled her iPod from her pocket, making sure Bellamy could not see it, "You should sleep, we might be in here for a while." She pushed the home button on the iPod, reading the time. She pushed in her passcode, when her eyes fell on her screensaver she frowned. It was a photo of her, Regina and Marzia at SacAnime. They all stood in their Supernatural cosplays, Brook was just a leviathan, Marzia was female Cas, and Regina was cosplaying as Dean. She clicked it off, and placed it back in her pocket, "You're still awake."

"It's hard to sleep."

Brook snorted, putting her glasses back on her face, "Is it now? With how many girls you've been banging, you seem to be able to sleep after that."

"It's called a distraction, Shorty."

Brook yawned, she rubbed her arms, wishing to dear God that she had her jacket, "Then find a distraction."

"Are you suggesting we distract ourselves?"

Brook glared at him, scoffing, "Go jerk off in the acid fog."

"That's not very nice, Shorty."

"I'm not being nice." Brook snaps, she wrapped her arms around herself, "Go to sleep."

After a while, Brook was already sleeping. She was actually tired, and the pain in her leg wasn't helping.

Bellamy stood up, staring at Brook as she slept, he bent over slightly to feel her skin. She flinched back at how cold her skin was. He shrugged off his jacket, draping it over her as she slept.

Brook moved slightly, feeling the warmth come over her, she woke up easily, but she chose to keep her eyes shut. She snuggled into the jacket, allowing herself to be warm by it.