Chapter 16

Brook smiles as she sees Octavia at the front of the bridge, "I knew it had to be you if it wasn't me." Finn grins at that but notices Clarke's disapproving gaze.

"So that's how you were able to set this up." Clarke looks at Finn, then her eyes landing on Octavia, "You helped him escape, didn't you?"

"I trust him, Clarke."

"There's a lot of that going around." Clarke mumbles, but all of them heard it.

Octavia turns and grins, "It's Lincoln."

"He looks a lot better." Brook adds, "You know since you guys tortured him." Her comment was salty and purposely directed towards Clarke, since Octavia and she was against torture.

Octavia ran across the bridge to give Lincoln a hug and then a meaningful kiss. Lincoln saw Brook and gave her a nod of acknowledgment.

"So your name is Lincoln?"

"I would have told you but I was a little tied up." Brook hasn't expected such a friendly response towards her, "When the commander comes let her see the tattoo on your wrist."

Brook looked down at it, giving him a curt nod. "Look, horses." She cringed when she saw the radiation defects it had, but they were still gorgeous.

"Hey." Finn notices the Grounders holding things, "We said no weapons."

Lincoln looked at them, surprise clearly on his face, "I was told there wouldn't be."

"It's too late now." Clarke nods her head, telling Brook to follow.

Finn tries to come along but is stopped by Lincoln, "They go alone."

"We'll be fine."

"Clarke-"

"Hey." Brook cut them off, "It's time to do better."

Clarke and Brook approached the commander. She was intimidating, the black makeup was smeared around her eyes and down to her cheeks, she gave the two females a stoic stare as she spoke, "Your names are Clarke and Brook are they not?"

"Yes." Brook answers.

"I'm Anya."

"I think we got off to a rough start, but we want to find a way to live together in peace." Clarke began, Brook had stayed silent, watching the Grounders behind Anya.

"I understand." Anya states, her hard gaze directed at Clarke, "You started a war you don't know how to end."

"What? No. We didn't start anything. You attacked us for no reason." Clarke was flabbergasted by Anya's statement, but Brook was expecting it, both sides fucked up.

"No reason? The missiles you launched burned a village to the ground." Brook's eyes widen at that statement, she was hoping it was not Artigas' village that was destroyed.

"The flares?" Clarke seemed as if she was brushing off the fact that it destroyed a village, "No. That was a signal meant for our families. We had no idea-"

"I had said something about it landing on another village, but you guys didn't listen to me." Brook snaps at Clarke, clearly upset that she knew this could happen.

"You're invaders." Anya sneers, "Your ship landed in our territory."

"We didn't know anyone was here. We thought the ground was uninhabited."

"You knew we were here when you sent an armed raiding party to capture one of us and torture him. These are all acts of war." Anya glanced at Brook, "You at least have two warriors within your people."