Chapter 22

Brook screams in pain since she had an exit wound Clarke had to cauterize both sides. Then she moved to Raven, who released the same intensity of pained screams, "That should stop the external bleeding."

"I don't understand." Finn looks over at Bellamy, "How did Murphy get a gun."

"Long story."

"We got lucky." Raven torturously states, "If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of us, we'd all be dead."

"Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?" Brook nodded, her eyes shut as she breath out, "Enough to build a bomb?"

"Enough to build 100 bombs... if we had any gunpowder left."

"Let's get back to the reapers. Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?"

Brook noticed the shared looks Finn and Clarke gave to each other, "Judging by your faces that's no."

"We saw them. Trust me, it's not an option." Finn shakes his head.

"There's no time for this."

"Can they walk or not?" Finn asks.

"Brook possibly. Raven, no, we'd have to carry her."

Raven tries to get up, her face contorting in excruciating pain, "The hell you will. I'm good to go."

"Hey, listen to me. That bullet is still inside you. Somehow Brook got lucky and the bullet went clean through. If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe. But you are not walking there. Is that clear?" Clarke looked down at Brook, "I need you to try and walk, we only have one stretcher so if there is internal bleeding someone would have to carry you."

Brook nodded, grunting as she tried and stand, her arms wobbled as she forced herself up. She legs swung over the ledge, she released a pained cry before placing both feet on the floor, she was able to stand without intense pain, only sudden jolts of it.

"I'll get the stretcher," Finn says.

"Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave."

"Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy, it's stupid."

"Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight."

"Okay, can you two just shut the fuck up." Brook snaps, her eyebrows scrunched together, "I'm in no mood to deal with your testosterone levels. We need to go."

"If they follow? It's a 120-mile walk to the ocean."

"Look." Finn says to Clarke, "We're wasting time. If he wants to stay, he can stay."

"No, he can't." Clarke yells, watching Finn just leave the room.

Brook cringed as she spoke to Bellamy, "We can't do this without you, Bellamy."

"What do you want me to say, Clarke?"

Brook bit the inside of her mouth, she shook her head, staring down at Raven who was becoming paler by the second.

"I want you to say that you're with us. Those kids out there, they listen to you."

"They're lining up to go." Bellamy begins, "They listen to you more."

"I gave them an easy choice. But 5 minutes ago, they were willing to fight and die for you. You inspire them. I'm afraid we're gonna need that again before this day is through."

"Okay, here we go! Keep your eyes open! Keep your eyes open!"

Brook stared at Clarke and Bellamy before leaving the dropship slowly, Miller was outside waiting for her.