Chapter 8

Brook walked out of the dropship, glad her leg was feeling much better after a week of using those god awful crutches. She stretched and found Regina tying knots for the fences. "Heya, need help."

"Are you allowed to be up and around?" Regina glanced at Brook's leg, "I mean, it's only been a week. It shouldn't be healed yet."

"Clarke says I'm perfectly fine, but she was so dazed as she checked up on me."

Regina pulled the knot closed tightly, leaning against the wood, "I can understand why after she finally found out it was never Wells who got her father floated, but her mom, and then he dies. She just forgave him, now she can't forgive herself."

"Deep." Brook joked, helping her tie the knots anyway, "Is Marzia dating Jasper?"

"Basically." Regina shrugged, "She literally made out with him once he woke up, she was so embarrassed afterward it was great, but now it seems like they're a couple." She grinned maniacally, "You're next. First, it was me, then Marzia. Who could your lucky man be? Maybe the owner of that jacket you're wearing."

Brook threw the rope at Regina, "You've been pestering me about boys since we were freshmen, and you're still pestering me about it when we're in this shitty situation."

"Please, we may be fighting for our lives, but-" She glances at Murphy, "Marzia and I have boyfriends."

"Your boyfriend's pretty much a dick so."

"You said you got over that."

Brook shrugged, pulling the loop through the hole, "I did. But he's still a dick, that I will tolerate and try to be nice to for your sake."

"Thanks-"

"Uhh! What the hell is wrong with you, Murphy?"

Brook and Regina look up from their work and see that Murphy was pissing on Conner. Brook faced Regina, "Go fix that."

"Look at you! You wanted a water break. Get back to work."

Regina jogged up to Murphy, while Brook finished tying the wooden stumps together. "Murphy, what the hell was that?"

Murphy rubbed a hand down her face, releasing a groan, "Would you believe me if I say stressed?"

Regina raised an eyebrow, "Not particularly, no."

*~*

"Look, we're already there. Just a few steps, okay? One foot in front of the other." Marzia held onto Jasper's hand, but he released it once she passed the gate, "Hey. What's wrong?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing. I'm good."

"Jasper, it's been a week, okay?" She takes hold of both of his hands and pulls him ever so slightly out of the gate, "You've been given a second chance. You gotta use it."

Marzia walks further out, twirling in the grass when suddenly she is grabbed and dragged behind one of the bushes.

"Marzia? Marzia? Marzia! Marzia, are you okay?" Jasper exclaims running where she once stood.

Marzia slapped Miller hard upside the head, "Jerk! Get out of here." She noticed the terrified look Jasper still had on his face, "Jasper, come on. There's nothing to be afraid of."

"Marzia..." He lifted his finger and pointed behind her.

She tilted her head but followed to where he was referring to, her mouth gaping open, "Is that... Wells' fingers?"

Jasper lifts the knife up, "I think we need to bring this in to Bellamy."

*~*

"This knife was made of metal from the dropship."