chapter twenty three: pain isn't fair

Emmett's POV
I crawl up from my uncomfortable position in the hospital chair that is less comfortable than a bed of nails. I sneak a peak at Kaitlyn seeing she is asleep i go in the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror.  My eyed are all puffy and swollen from the endless days crying.  It's been a week and Kaitlyn goes home today. I'm suppose to continue my toir bit i just dont feel like doing it honestly.  I wash my face hoping it will help but when i look up i just look worse and then i cry more.

Kaitlyn's POV
I wake up hearing a shattering soumd on the bathroom.  I jump up feeling worried seeing Emmett on yhe floor punching the wall over and over as tears steam down his face. He hasn't cried once since it happened so its weird.  I sniffle making him notice me. He jumps up wiyh a surprised expression on hos face. "I....I didn't know you were up. Let me....let me clean this up. Quinn should be here by then." He says not once looking at me. He passes me barely touching me. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

Quinn's POV
I open Kaitlyn's hospital room door seeong her up packing her bag. She smiles at me and i know it's fake but i smile back. I kiss her cheek and push her hair back behind her ear. "Ready? " i smile. She nods.  "Mr. Shue said you could come back whenever your ready. " i tell her. She smiles a warmer smile."good cause i wanna go today." She tells me. I smile but wonder why she is going back so soon. I jod as she takes my hand. "Okay." I say softly.

No one's POV
Finn and the rest of the new directions look up as the choir room door opens. Silence fills the choir room and breathing becomes louder due to the quiet. Kaitlyn smiles at everyone as they smile a welcome smile to her. "Kaitlyn." Mr. Shuester says as he sees her. Mr. Shue can always see the real Kaitlyn always has even before she does. He opens his arms and Kaitlyn climbs in crying, everyone slowly joins in. The hug doesn't last long, Kaitlyn makes sure of that. "No more no more crying. ..i wanna feel better and the only way fpr me to do that is if you all treat me the same as yoi did before.  Okay?" Kaitlyn told them. No one responds.  "Promise me please. " she pleads them.  Finn looks at Kaitlyn and smiles. "Promise. " he tells her. Soon everyone else agrees with her. "Okay okay sad moment is over what's the lesson Mr. Shue?" Kaitlyn asked. "This weeks lesson is acceptance, i want you to be able to accept yourself and love yourself no matter what is thrown at you so sing a song dedicate it to someone or something and just start accepting something about yourself you didn't before." The bell rings as soon as he finishes.