Chapter 4 - I cannot

As the time passed, guests started leaving. Of course! The wedding was over, they blessed and wished the couple good luck and most importantly, they all had enjoyed their delicious feast. Now, what would the guests do in any wedding after they had the dinner? Apart from some of the close friends, everyone had left.

The Raizadas and the Guptas were looking at the stairs, waiting for Khushi to come down with Akash's shoes. It had been 10 minutes since she had gone to get the shoes but still, she hadn't returned. Everyone was so tired with all the wedding fun while our Shyam babua was still having his continuous bathroom shows.

Sighing, one by one sat down together in groups and started chatting away random topics while Payal was busy blushing, Akash was busy sweating as NK was playing 'Statue' game with him. Poor NK bitwa was so bored on not finding Arnav to test his patience that he chose the groom itself to play games with. Akash was petrified when NK scared him saying if he did not play that game, his first night would be a disaster, according to NK's infamous intelligence. So, Akash had to give in and started playing that God-forsaken game.

"Hello Hai Bye Bye! Why this much times to get the shoeswa? Lagat hai Phati sadi khud forgetiya gayi ki wo shoes ko hidings kaha ki, (Seems like Phati Sadi herself has forgotten the hiding location)" said Mami, mocking Buaji.

"Hai re NandaKishore! We, bride side, won the game. So, we can take as much time as we want on returning the shoes," retorted Buaji. "Also, your makeup looks like it is smudged. Is that a new style?"

Mami was horror-struck realizing her that makeup got smudged while finding the shoes. Screaming a loud "Hello Hai Bye Bye," she ran to retouch her makeup.

"Don't know where this Sanka Devi is buried and what she is doing!" said Buaji irritatingly said. 

Garima patted her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

"Statue!" exclaimed NK, making Akash freeze.

Akash so desperately prayed for someone to take NK away from him for some time. His prayed were heard soon and Nani, Anjali came to his rescue and literally dragged NK away from Akash. Akash sat beside a still blushing Payal, wondering how much she could blush as she had been blushing since NK said the word 'First Night'.

The trio came to a secluded corner.

"Here we are worried about Khushi bitiya and there you are playing games with Akash bitwa?" Nani scolded NK.

"Why, what's wrong? Nannav is not here, so I'm playing with Akash," he said naughtily while laughing but stopped seeing their glares. "Okay, fine! What is the matter? Why are you worried?"

"It has been 15 minutes since Khushi bitiya left to get the shoes but she still hasn't come down and Chote also is not here. So obviously, he must be with her."

"We afraid, what if he messes up everything? What if he demands Khushiji to love him saying 'I am ASR and you Khushi Kumari Gupta must accept this love deal'?" asked Anjali worriedly.

"But isn't that you both wanted? You only provoked Nannav to propose Khushiji," NK defended his dear Nannav.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean he should steal Khushiji in the middle of a ritual just to propose her!" exclaimed Anjali.