Chapter 19 - Closer than ever

"Uh...Kh..Khushi, listen I didn't really mean...." he trailed off seeing her not paying any attention.

As Arnav predicted, Khushi stood by her word and stopped even glancing at him. His patience was being tested by his stubborn girl. He knew why she was doing that, to push him to his limits to see if he'd snap at her like the old times or not. He really wished he was the old ASR who had everything under control, but he wasn't. He was changed now. He could not hurt Khushi knowingly(or anger her and face the repercussions).

Turning the stove off, Khushi picked up the curry vessel and started her way to the dining hall but Arnav blocked her.

"I told you, I didn't mean it! Then what is your problem?"

Khushi just scowled at him and gestured to let her through.

"You are not going anywhere until you talk to me. Now, TALK TO ME!"

He, as usual, gripped her by the shoulders and yelled, but failed to elicit any response from her. Irritated to the core, he shook her a bit which caused her hand burn as she was carrying the hot vessel.

"Oh sh*t! Sorry, Khushi! I didn't do that intentionally" his panicked reply simply got a sharp glare in response.

"Khushi bitiya, what is taking you so long? Is everything alright?" came Nani's voice from the dining hall.

Shrugging off his hold, "Yes, Naniji. I am coming." She left from the kitchen, leaving behind a self-rebuking Arnav, who slowly went to the dining hall and sat with everyone.

"Oh wow! You made Chole Bhature? Thank you so much, Chamkili." Lavanya shrieked.

"I know you love this, Lavanyaji. That is why I made it for you." Khushi replied, with a smile.

"You are the best!"

"HHBB, no special dish for me, Phati sadi?" asked Mami.

"Here, Maaji! I have made Aloo Paratha for you." Payal said, serving manorama.

"That's it?"

"How much will you eat, Manu? You have been non-stop eating since evening and still you are asking for more dishes." Manohar chided, to which she sulked.

"Papa, why are you reproving Ma? The entire fault is theirs." Akash said, pointing at Khushi, Payal and Anjali.

"What?!" they all shouted together.

"Yes, yours. Was there any cooking competition that you all had to cook different amazing dishes without any reason?"

Others smiled, while Anjali replied, "Of course, there is a reason. We are all together after a long time, and that called for a feast."

"A feast that could fatten your dear Akash bhai, Di."

"If it is troubling you too much, just don't eat them, Jijaji." Khushi teased.

Akash instantly fell silent and started eating food faster.

"All of you just stop! Why are you arguing about delicious food? Just have your dinner quietly." Nani admonished everyone.

"You are right, Sasuma. And Akash bitwa, don't worry about getting fat. We have Miss Tip-Top here to give us some amazing beauty tips." Mami assured Akash, and everyone laughed.