Chapter 36 - Are you okay?

"Don't come any closer. I know karate!"

.

.

"Arnavji!"

.

.

"Please, don't do it. I am scared."

.

.

"I loved how you showed me your love tonight."

.

.

"Arnavji, I love you but I need some time."

.

.

"Come here, come closer. I love the way your lips feel on mine."

.

.

"Arnavji, please, no! It is hurting."

.

.

"Our wedding was perfect, so was our togetherness tonight."

.

.

"You don't care about my feelings, do you?"

.

.

.

.

There sat Arnav on the recliner with elbows rested on his knees and face cupped in his palms, eyes heavily drooping, nevertheless staring at Khushi who was thrashing around on the bed, tangled in the quilt, bellowing the above sentences clearly in her sleep, tossing aggressively as if trying to make an imprint of her form on the mattress.

The whole night Arnav hadn't slept a wink as Khushi was kicking away and pulling close; loving verbally and pleading helplessly; caressing fondly and scratching defensively, giving out contradictory and mixed signals to him while asleep. After bearing that torture for a few hours, Arnav had had enough and came over to sleep on the recliner, however, sleep was still miles away from him. He spent the entire night gazing ruefully at his wife.

Soon, the sunrays peeked inside the room from the french windows and kissed the face of the newly-wedded bride. She stirred, stretched lazily and sat up straight on the bed, smiling goofily. Her fingers closed over the soft petals and took a loving whiff of their enticing scent. Her eyes were twinkling with glee, recalling that she was now married to her love, and it soon got replaced with horror when she realized the blunder she committed the previous night.

"Hey Devi Maiyya! What have I done? How could I simply fall asleep like that!" moaned Khushi, hitting herself on the head. "What kind of a wife are you, Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada? You arose hopes in your husband and then unmercifully shattered them yourself! Buaji is right, I really am a Sankadevi."

Khushi sat dejectedly on the spot, cursing herself for the mortifying feat she pulled on Arnav the previous night. Where was her husband? He was nowhere to be seen. Was it possible that he got a bit upset? Well, wasn't it supposedly obvious? She then came to a conclusion that Arnav was raging mad at her and hence did not even wish to see her face for he had vanished from the confines of their room. Seriously, what a splendid start to her marital life!

She whipped around her head at the click of the washroom's door.

"Oh! I forgot to check there!" she self-chided once again.