Chapter 29 - Sherry Magic

Note -

• This chapter is slightly mature.

• Salman Khan fans, I apologise beforehand. Everything written about him in this chapter is Khushi's and Arnav's opinion.

• Please don't hate me.

--##--

Khushi and Arnav had both spent the entire day at her father's, now her, place. She explored every inch of the 3-storey building with Arnav, narrating her childhood stories she remembered while touring room to room. Arnav was more than interested in knowing her early life; he noted that he was more like his father-in-law, calmer, and she was like his mother-in-law, cracker. Couldn't wait to see their life ahead.

Khushi was all set to clean-up the whole building with the help of the house's caretaker and spend a few days there. But Arnav downright refused her saying that they would start a new life in that house only after they were married, at which she was astounded at such display of "sentiment" from Arnav. They returned to Vizag promising to visit sometime after their marriage.

"Today was one of the most memorable days, Arnavji! Thank you so much," she leaned over the table and kissed him on the cheek.

He quirked his eyebrow naughtily and then Khushi blushed, realizing that they were at a roof-top, open restaurant, and people were watching them.

"Uh, what will you eat?" she said hastily, changing the topic.

"I'll have a vegetarian Panzanella, please, also get me some sparkling water," he said to the attendant.

"Panda?" she shrieked, horrified.

"Not panda. Panzanella! It's a type of salad," clarified Arnav.

"Weird food, weird names, but I'm not weird," she muttered. "Okay, I will have the jumbo Punjabi thali. Ooh, and 5 plates of Jalebi, 4 Gulab Jamuns, 2 Kulfis, and one extra sweet Lassi."

The open-mouthed attendant tottered away unsteadily whereas Arnav shook his head in amusement. She and her appetite! If he wasn't rich enough, he would have to rob a bank to feed her stomach-full. (Sorry, I exaggerated a bit)

Soon, they had been served hot food; Khushi dived in straight away but Arnav began having food at a leisure pace, yet he was the first one to finish eating. She was still at her 4th butter roti when the server came to attend to them.

"Sir, do you need anything else?"

"No," replied Arnav.

"And ma'am?" he asked.

She swallowed heavily to answer, "Not yet."

He hurriedly told Arnav, "Sir, we have a fine collection of wine; Madeira, Grover-Zampa Chêne, Fratelli Sette--- "

"I don't want any alcohol now," said Arnav, cutting him in.

"Oh, yes, you will!" declared Khushi. "I am not the type of wife who would throw a huge fit about such trivial things... You can drink, I permit you."

"Khushi, I don't normally drink except at parties. You really don't have to do that."

"I most definitely do, alright! Consider this as a mini treat from me for this lovely day. "

"No, I--"

"Nothing doing! Please get a drink for him," she added to the attendant. "Keep it in your mind, he must enjoy totally!"