Chapter 18 - Goof up

Having gone through the bunch of files which kept him off from having a proper rest for days, he now finally relaxed, reclining back onto the deck chair by the poolside, deeply inhaling the fresh air and sipping his mug of black coffee. Returning home after 2 long weeks from tiring work, was indeed a pleasant feeling. Though he'd never admit, every time he went on a business trip, he felt homesick, but unlike the other times, he had Anjali with him as a chaperone.

Things went well in the last 2 weeks. The commissioner, Mr.Rajput had dug out all of Shyam's illegal activities and arrested his ruffians. Taking their newly discovered crimes into account, his imprisonment had been extended to 20 years. The problematic situations at London had been taken under control and Akash had looked after their main office well in the absence of Arnav. Out of everything, Anjali was all recovered now. She took pet therapy sessions for a week and marvellously improved. That was all Arnav wanted, to get his vibrant and lively sister back.

Just one more thing was left for him now. Khushi. Only he knew how much patience it had taken him not to fly back to Delhi and shout the life out of her. He was so mad at her for not answering any of his calls, especially when he kept aside his ego and phoned her. He still was pissed off at her and the reason was he's been missing her. Missed seeing her face, missed having meaningless banters with her, missed flirting with her and watch her go all flustered.

In those 2 weeks, he realized to what extent he was in love with Khushi and how much he wanted her in his life till the end. Now with every major tension been taken care off, he could finally think about settling down. Only if he knew months ago, that he'd be considering of getting married and finally let a girl in! He could wait no more to declare his love to Khushi, but being a CEO had it's disadvantages, namely important work which could not be ignored. He just hoped to get one opportunity soon to bring her closer, and got up to leave remembering some work.

~*~*~

"This joint venture does have it's benefits but the Bhatias cannot be trusted. We better go through their attainments before signing up with them. Let me get their file, Bhai."

As Akash went out the study room, Payal intruded in, talking over the phone completely oblivious about Arnav being there, who by then, was waiting for her to notice him so that he could greet her, but that hadn't yet happened, so he resumed working on his laptop but soon got startled when she shrieked.

"And you are telling me now? After 10 days!! __________ So, you all stopped telling me about your happenings there! __________ What nothing like that? __________ Haven't you for once thought how much I would be worried about you with everyone's gone? __________ Today! She might come over to stay in for the night. What about the last __________ Oh, you keep shut, alright!"

He remained still without making any sound, fearing she would burst out at him too. He had never seen Payal talk to anyone this rashly.

Now, in a calm tone, "I worry about you a lot, Khushi. ­__________ That's 5 more days! __________ "

That captured his complete attention and got him worried.

Has she been talking to Khushi? What did she do? Is she okay?

Unconsciously, Arnav stood up as Payal spun around and faced him. On seeing him, her momentary surprise was replaced by contemplation and broke out into a wide smile with her eyes shining.

"Huh? Yes, I am here. __________ Now you listen to me. Pack your things for a few days and come here to RM. You are staying here, that's final! __________ I am sure all would love to have you here. Dadiji, Di, NKji.....," Looking straight at Arnav, " and EVERYONE ELSE too. I am not listening to anything. You just get ready. Someone will pick you up soon. Bye."