Chapter 40 - Souls entwined

Note - Mature content ahead. Kids, go away!

--##--

Khushi took in a sharp breath looking at the intimately embellished room which was dimly lit by aromatic candles and freshly cut flowers effusing a heady fragrance. Till that moment, she was so enthralled at her mesmerizing surroundings that it did not cross her mind that they were to consummate their relationship, and now reality hit her with a full force.

"If only you are ready," he whispered into her ear, answering to her unspoken question.

She turned around and looked into his eyes which was oozing out boundless love for her, and decided to not waste another moment. It was their ultimate chance to express the love they had for each other and now she was more than ready to take that chance.

"I cannot wait any longer," she breathed and hugged him.

Wrapping his arms around her frame, he asked again, "Are you sure?"

Khushi hmm-ed in response, bobbing her head against his chest in 'Yes'. Arnav broke apart, kissed her head and gazed deep at her. He picked a tiny remote controller and switched it on to play soft melodious music to set a romantic ambience in the room. There was a safe in the cupboard and he unlocked it, revealing a small rectangular box and gave it to Khushi.

"I have been meaning to present you this for a while, but now feels like the best time," he clarified.

Khushi opened the box only to find a platinum waist chain with a tiny white diamond star dangling on it.

She beamed at Arnav and said, "It is very pretty, Arnavji."

Arnav smiled and took it out of the box, "Let me wear it on you."

He knelt down before her and slightly swept her pallu aside, and fastened the waist chain around her waist which perfectly sat right below her navel. Khushi sucked in her stomach when she felt the cold metal against her warm, bare skin and clutched Arnav's shoulder at the sudden sensation. He leaned forward and tightened its clasp with his teeth, his lips brushing and hot breath fanning on her skin in a ticklish manner.

Arnav got up to admire the slinky ornament on Khushi. In the candlelight, she looked even more ethereal in that bold red shimmer saree with black sleeveless blouse, and now the waist chain flawlessly complemented her. She looked gorgeous and downright sexy. He couldn't help his gaze shifting to the sinful dip of her navel and up her heaving chest. Khushi felt too hot under his intense scrutiny.

As the tuneful melody was softly being played in the background, Arnav extended his hand to ask her for a dance. The second she placed her hand in his, he yanked her so close to him that their torsos were plastered together, and they began swaying in unhurried, smooth movements to the gentle music, hips moving together in a synchronization only their hearts could feel.

Eventually, their dancing waned out and turned into a past activity as their hands, which had a mind of their own, began to explore each other's body. Arnav began caressing her uncovered skin; trailing his fingers up and down her arms, running his hands over her back, tracing the waist chain on her midriff with his finger pads making Khushi to lose herself in the sensual web he was beginning to create.

Arnav plucked a red rose from the bunch of roses in a vase behind them, and delicately glided it over her face, tracing her forehead... to her eyes... to her ear... to the small nose... over her cheek... across the jawline with the soft petals of the rose and finally settled on her lips.

Khushi had her eyes closed till that moment but snapped open when he halted. His eyes sought hers for her willingness to proceed further; in response, she pulled his hand down to move the rose away from her mouth and parted her trembling lips, standing on her toes and neared his face.