Chapter 5 - What?

Next morning -

Anjali followed the doctor downstairs.

The doctor said, "Don't worry, Anjaliji. Your husband will be fine. I wonder how he got food poisoned to that extent. Maybe he had something which he is terribly allergic to."

Prescribing some medicines, he gave the prescription to Anjali.

"He is completely drained by severe diarrhoea. I gave him some drips. He should take a lot of liquid food and total rest for at least 4 days." 

Saying some do's and don'ts, the doctor left.

Anjali came back to their drawing room where Nani, Mami and Mama were seated. She asked Om Prakash to get the prescribed medicines.

"Shyamji is a bit better now and is sleeping."

They nodded and sighed in relief. They all were unnecessarily worried for their scumbag of a damad, not knowing that he didn't deserve even the tiniest bit of their care or concern.

Soon NK joined them and all were having some general talks, waiting for the newly-wedded couple.

Anjali asked, "What, NK bhai? You got down this late as if you were the newlywed."

Quickly sitting beside Anjali, "Leave it, Di. *Whispering* Now tell me, what did Nannav tell you last night?"

"Voh... *Looking around* Wait for some time, we will tell you later," seeing NK frowning, "NK bhai, we must consider ourselves lucky as Chote is opening up his emotions. Must thank the person who is bringing the changes in my Chote."

NK said, smiling, "Who else, Di? It is Khushiji."

"Haa, Khushiji only. And now, I just wish to see my another brother married and live his life to the fullest," said Anjali, smiling back.

"Speaking of marriage, where is the newly wedded couple?" asked NK.

Hundred years! Just as they thought about them, they saw Payal and Akash descending downstairs. Their eyes lowered, one feet gap between the two and faces all red.

Seeing the blushing couple, Anjali and NK instantly got naughty grins on their faces while Nani, Mama smiled softly, and Mami gave, all Indian mother-in-laws' signature glare to Payal, but the blushing Payal had her eyes glued to the floor.

Anjali teasingly said, "NK bhai, don't you think Akash and Payalji are looking a bit reddish. Why is that???"

"Because, Di, woh dono bahut haramaa rahe hai. (They are very prohibiting)" [ Sorry, I don't know the true translation. Help.]

"Sharam, it is Sharam," Anjali quickly corrected him. "And I know that they're feeling all shy, but why? Why, is the question," saying that both Anjali and NK looked at Payal and Akash with their eyebrows raised touching their foreheads.

"Bas kijiye aap dono. (Stop it, you two) Enough with all the teasing," Nani full stopped their teasing.

"But Dadiji, we didn't even start our actual teasing yet," said NK.

"Wahi toh! (That is the point) Just look at their state. Without even teasing they're turning redder second by second and if you start your actual teasing process, I can't imagine how they will look. They cannot be looking all red in their reception party, right?"  said Nani mischievously.