Chapter 21 - Engaged

"Chamkili!! Hey, Chamkili!!!!" Shaking Khushi, Lavanya shouted.

"Hmm." Khushi gave that sound, very unaffected, while doing something on her phone and devouring Jalebis.

"Jeez!"

Fed up, Lavanya snatched Khushi's phone and threw it onto the bed.

"What have you done, Lavanya?! I was about to send a message to Arnavji!" Khushi shrieked, reaching for her phone.

Lavanya swatted her hand, "Your Arnavji can wait for your message until after you guys are engaged, which is in 4 hours," Turning Khushi's head towards the clock, "See! We all have to leave in 60 minutes, and look at your state!"

Hair disheveled, mouth stuffed with Jalebis with syrup dripping down her mouth, eyes wide and still in her night wear Khushi looked around and gasped.

"Hey Devi Maiyya!!! It is 4 AM already?!" Khushi screamed, as she got up to fetch her toiletries, "It is all that Laad Governor's and your fault, Lavanya! Why didn't you warn me?"

"What? My fault...... Umm, Yes, it is, and I am sorry." Lavanya apologized, sarcastically, keeping up a mock face.

Unable to look into her eyes for how she blamed her without any mistake, Khushi dashed into the wash room.

Chuckling, Lavanya began tidying up the room.

She landed directly into Khushi's house from London the previous night and was feeling really exhausted, but all the tiredness flew away thinking of her BFF's big day, and someone else.

"Arre, Lavanya bitiya, why are you doing all this?" Garima said, who had just entered the room along with Buaji.

"Haan, haan, NandaKishore! Why are you taking trouble?" Buaji said.

"Oh come on, aunty! What am I doing? Just cleaning up the bed for my best friend, so that she could rest right away after coming back home. And PLEASE don't behave formal with me. Consider me equal to Khushi." Lavanya said, heartfelt.

Garima and Buaji smiled listening to her. From what they knew, Lavanya was never like this. She was now transformed into a complete different person, and they were happy that she was Khushi's best friend.

"Alright, dear!" Garima said, cupping her face, "First gather all your things, we will be leaving soon."

"Okay." she replied.

"Hai re Nandakishore! Eyy, Sanka Devi! What are you wearing?" Yelled Buaji, seeing Khushi who just stepped out the washroom.

"What?"

"What 'What'? Why are you wearing this salwar suit and not saree?"

"Offo, Buaji! Amma told me that I will be getting ready at RM. For now, I'll leave like this." Khushi assured buaji.

2 minutes later, the Guptas along with Lavanya and the nurse were seated in the drawing room, looking at Khushi with amusement who was busy running here and there in the house complaining about everything.

"Jiji, someone told me a couple of days ago that all things for engagement were set and done. I wonder who that was." Garima said, teasing Khushi.