Chapter 33 - Your name

Note - This chapter is slightly mature towards the end.

--##--

"Can you stop sucking on your thumb?" growled Arnav, slamming his laptop shut.

"Oh! Sorry, Bhai," said Akash. "I got used to it since the dance last night."

"Well, it's over now. Come back to your grownup self!"

Akash gave a sheepish smile. Though everyone else found his act as a child in 'Chanda hai tu' hilarious, he could simply tell Arnav just tolerated it. His brother had a low sense of sportiveness most of the times.

HP knocked on the door and stepped inside, carrying a tray full of food.

"I brought hot samosas and masala chai for you," HP addressed Akash and NK. "Arnav Bhaiyya, your coffee."

"Thanks, HP," Arnav took his mug of black coffee. "What is the situation down there?"

"It is almost over, Bhaiyya. Just 3 more hours."

"3 hours? That's nowhere near a finishing position!"

"Bhai, it is the Mehendi function. Obviously, it takes a lot of time," replied Akash, dismissing HP to save him from Arnav's wrath.

"I don't know. All the ladies have turned against us and strictly ordered not to step outside," said Arnav.

"Yes, Bhai. I have never witnessed such unity among women before," remarked Akash.

"Well, at least I have my computer with me. I got most of my work done. But that doesn't change the fact that we have been stuck in this buffoon's room since early morning."

Akash laughed at Arnav's joke on NK. They both stole a glance at NK who was sitting on a couch far away from them, gazing into oblivion.

Disappointed at not getting any response from him, "NK Bhai," called Akash.

"Hmm," said NK weakly.

"Do you remember my Mehendi? I mean not mine, Payal's Mehendi during our wedding."

"Hmm."

"We both wore sarees and snuck in during the middle of the function just because I was desperate to see Payal. God, that was an adventurous feat, wasn't it?"

"Yeah."

Akash and Arnav exchanged glances at his lack of response.

"Now, don't go about planning the same stupid stunt, NK. Yes, I want to see Khushi but I can wait," said Arnav.

"I won't."

At this point, their concern for NK multiplied. What was wrong with him? He was never this unenthusiastic! Yes, Arnav never openly showed his affection towards NK, unlike Akash, but he was still dear to him. Could he do anything to make him feel better?

"Do you know what's wrong with him?" Arnav whispered to Akash.

"No," shrugged Akash.

"I am kind of worried for him."

"Khushiji must certainly be knowing something."

"She said things would get better today."

"What does that mean, Bhai?"

"No clue, damn it! She occasionally loves to speak in riddles," rasped Arnav.