Chapter 9 - Misfired

Shyam was slowly crawling... err, walking to go down to have some juice. He was better now and could walk. While going, he heard Khushi's voice coming from Arnav's room. She was shouting at Arnav then.

"Ah! It's been many days since I heard your voice, Khushiji. I am coming."

Then he started his journey to Arnav's room, like a snail. Reaching his room he stumbled a bit, knocking down a flower vase. Then he saw what was happening there.

Arnav : "Don't compel me into marrying you forcibly."

Khushi : "I don't know what you are talking about. Just get this into your mind, I don't want to marry you!"

And then he found Khushi zooming off from there without noticing his presence. Yes, that was all he had seen. He actually heard Khushi's voice at the beginning of their argument but it took him so much time to slowly reach Arnav's room and witness the scene.

He concluded one thing. Arnav was forcing Khushi to marry him but she was not willing to.

"Arnav Singh Raizada, how dare you forcing khushiji to marry you! My Khushiji will never do that and she hates you. I know, people like you will play with innocent girls like Khushiji. You want to marry her just to make her suffer. I will never let that happen." Shyam swore furiously and plotted something evil.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day passed in a jiffy with Shyam working on his malicious plan, the Raizada Men in their office work and Ladies spending time with their friends who dropped in. NK was supposed to get back by evening and with each passing millisecond, Arnav was getting more and more agitated. All this frustration was directed towards his staff, mainly Aman.

Some miracle happened which made Arnav realize the pressure he was putting on Aman, and he decided to work from home to avoid killing a poor soul before the day ends, and also to confront NK without wasting any minute. Taking all his things, he left for RM.

Entering Shantivan, he came across the guests who were leaving. Greeting politely, he saw them off.

"Chote!" Anjali exclaimed. "You came back home early."

Sighing, he sat beside Anjali. "I have some work and it will be peaceful working at home. So, I'm early."

"Oww! Then you cannot attend the wedding?" Anjali asked.

"What wedding?"

"Just before you came home, Mouni aunty and her family visited us. Madhavi aunty's daughter is getting married, so they came here to attend the wedding. On their way they dropped in to invite us to the wedding. It is at night." Anjali explained.

"HHBB! Marriage aaj raat, aur inbhiting phew hours bephore. Yeh mannerswa hai ka? (Wedding is tonight and they invited us just few hours before the marriage! Is this the right manners?)" Mami sulked, feeling insulted.

"Manorama, Mouni said Madhavi has forgotten that we are living in Delhi and she also apologized, right?" Nani reasoned.

"Whatebher sasuma! Usko hum lesson teachings karega padi. (Whatever! We have to teach them a lesson)"

"Haa, Mami, you are right! We have to show them that you are more beautiful than anyone who will be there. That will be right." said Anjali.