Chapter 27 - Healed

"Arnavji, this is so much fun! Come on, join me!" squealed Khushi, jumping, when waves hit her.

Arnav perched on the sand far away from water. The sight of Khushi enjoying herself with a carefree abandon in the beach brought a huge smile on his face. They were currently near Visakhapatnam, apparently, that was the first destination that came to his mind to escape with Khushi from facing his family.

The first couple of days for Arnav were filled with some tranquillity which he had fairly revelled in, ruling out the periods of his emotional breakdowns he had spent locked up in his room. At times, he had forgotten that Khushi was also there with him in the secluded, private guest house situated many miles away from the city.

But the other night when he had opened up to Khushi, his heart became lighter. It felt as if tons of weight had been lifted off him. From then onwards he seldom got night terrors, and so started spending time with her. He had even talked to everyone who assured him that they were all fine and were only concerned about him.

One long, heart-to-heart conversation with his family and he almost became alright. They all had agreed to continue onward leaving behind the bitter and heart-rending truth of the past, moving ahead only with the precious memories. The only thing that was troubling Arnav was his guilt-conscience of apprehending wrongly about his father, which was taken care of after that night. The last 3 days had been somewhat pleasant for him.

"Khushi!" he called, but she didn't hear him.

Sighing, Arnav went near her and stood at a distance from water.

"Enough now, Khushi. How much time will you keep kicking at the waves? It has been hours now."

A-fully-drenched-in-water Khushi laughed, "But this is so much fun! I can never get tired playing here like this!"

"You aren't a kid, idiot! It's sundown already. Let's get back inside before you fall sic--- What the!" he yelled as she splashed water on him.

"Not, 'what the', Laad Governor. It's water!" laughed Khushi.

"Urgh, this is salty. Khushi, it went into my mouth, damn it!" he yelled.

She splashed more water, soaking him completely.

"You boring man, I want to have some fun. Let's play a game which I'm sure gonna win!"

Arnav's annoyance had vanished at the challenge thrown at him and a new resolution shone in his eyes as he smirked naughtily.

"I'm all up for it," he said before chasing the giggling Khushi into the water.

4 hours later, freshly showered Arnav and Khushi sat in the dining room waiting for the steward to place their food on the table.

"We will serve ourselves, thank you," said Khushi kindly and dismissed him.

"I didn't notice the time, or I would have prepared our meals like always," she said to herself, serving Arnav his mushroom-stuffed Rigatoni (Italian food).

"Thanks, Khushi," said Arnav.

"What for? It's a wife's duty to serve her husband" blushed Khushi, serving herself spicy Indian thali.

"Thank you for getting us both sick," clarified Arnav. "We've caught a cold and that credit goes to you."

"Buff ve injoid," she said through a mouthful of food.

Arnav suppressed his smile and agreed, "Yes, we did enjoy."

After finishing their dinner, they sat on the rooftop swing with Khushi in his lap, basking in the pleasant serenity. The calmness was disturbed when Arnav got a notification. He took out his mobile phone and sighed looking at the picture he received.