Chapter 13 - New Hope

RADHIKA

I rush inside my room and cry vigorously leaning on the locked door. Tears are oozing out without a break...i feel like all my hopes are broken into million pieces. I couldn't stop but remembering the moments from our first meeting to till date...the moment he tried to molest me, questioning my character...all his venomous words are started haunting me badly.

I walked to the mirror lifeless and look at myself from top to bottom. By now, i almost finished crying and finds the stains of tears on my cheeks. I feel myself disgusted seeing me in that dress which he gave me in the morning. I immediately changed it and covers myself in my usual dress and keeping the diamond earring as it is in the box. I wrote the content in a chit which i want to convey to him now. I thought to hand it over to him but before i proceed, i hear a knock on the door. I looked at the locked door without any reaction and i am damn sure who it will be. I walked to the door with the bag and opened it.

He stands at the doorstep with guilty appear on his face...Now i am not melting for all this nasty actings. Without saying anything, i just dropped the bag in his hand and locked the door on his face. This time, i am not crying again...i silently walk towards my bed and leans on my back with the support of the dashboard and closed my eyes...just to forget everything for sometime.

I jerked and woke up hearing a knock and voice behind the locked door. I relaxed knowing it as Sita Ma and opens the door for her.She looks so worried and tears forms in her eyes...for a second i get a feeling like i am seeing my mother in her. I don't want to see her crying anymore, i wiped her tears and smiles slightly just to give her an assurance that i am alright.

She stops crying and in sobbing voice asking me, "Are you alright?".

I just nodded my head with a small smile and thus makes her smile little with so much of relief. She starts observing me from top to toe and finds some bruises on my chin where he held and blood clots on my hand too.

She hesitantly asks me, "Is it paining a lot?"

I give her a frustrated smile saying, "This pain is nothing in front of his words"

She cups my face and kiss on my forehead saying, "I wish you should get all the happiness in the world which you deserve"

I hold her hands into mine saying, "That will never happen if i stay in this house with him"

She continues, "No Radhika, you are mistaken. Arjun Sir is..."

I stopped her in between her words, yes i don't even want to hear his name from anyone. I just hate him to the core...I just hate him from the bottom of my heart.

"I don't want to hear anything about him. I am alright now....you please go"

I send her out and again lies on the bed just to hijack my thoughts from here.

I don't know when i slept, but my eyes snapped opening hearing the noise of breaking the things. It is coming from his room. I walk to the door hastily and is about to open the door but i hesitated and gets in dilemma whether to open or not.

I hear Sita Ma running shouting his name and after that i couldn't stop myself and opens the door and rushes to his room. But i halted at the door, getting frozen at the place where i am. The room looks messy with the things broken and scattered everywhere but the most horrendous part is Arjun sitting in the bed having a knife in one hand with blood marks. I slowly look at his another hand, which is the most dreadful one...it has so many cuts in his wrists..blood is oozing from his hand.

Sita ma sits on her knees and try to hold his hand to tie the clot to stop the blood flow but he is not allowing her and shoving her hands away. It is an extremely unpleasant situation for me and i simply watching them rooting at the doorstep.