Chapter 24 - Doubt your Doubts

***Distance doesn't ruin our relationships, but Doubts do !!! ****

Flashback continues,

The Engagement Day

The whole Mehra Mansion celebrates the occasion happily. Arjun is super happy seeing Neil after a long time. Sam is excited to step into a new phase of her life and gets emotional seeing her parents.

Arjun gets ready for the function in his room and gets distracted hearing a voice from his doorstep. He turns back and finds a person standing there with a bouquet and full of smile, "Hey My Dear Friend"

Arjun surprises seeing him there and welcomes him by hugging , "I am really surprised man. How are you?"

"I am great and why you did not inform me about your engagement?" the new person starts his questionnaire to Arjun.

Arjun adjusts his dress looking at the mirror and said, "I don't want to make it a big one and thought to call you all for the marriage. BTW how you got to know this?"

"We are in a same business circle Arjun. Uncle informed to all his business friends and obviously I too got to know" he replied to Arjun.

Arjun, "Want to have something?"

New Person, "Not now... King is here but where is the queen?"

Arjun smiles pointing the other side of the room saying, "She is getting ready in her room"

NP, "Well, it's time for me to surprise her. I will see you soon"

Arjun nods and sends him out. Meanwhile Nandini came and makes the last minute touch up to him and informs him to come down soon.

Once she left, Arjun is about to go out but meets him again with an upset face. 

Arjun, "What happened?"

NP, "Nothing"

Arjun, "You are not alright...you look dull. Tell me the truth, what happened suddenly?"

NP with a sad face, "I seriously did not think that this will happen for you. You are so good but god is playing in your life"

Arjun, "Say it clearly"

NP, "Arjun, you will feel bad if I say the incident what I saw?"

Arjun, "What are you saying? What you saw?"

NP, "I saw Sam & Neil and..." he stops in the mid.

Arjun makes an irritating face and said, "So what?"

NP, "Arjun, I know you all 3 were close to each other, but I see some difference today"

Arjun control his irritation to avoid making scene, "Say it clearly & completely"

NP, "I see them hugging each other closely, but this is not a usual one, it's something different. Some pain of losing the loved ones clearly visible in their eyes. Their hug seems like they both are desperate for each other."

Before he finishes the sentence, Arjun slaps him hardly warning him, "Don't utter a word against them. How dare you say wrong about Neil & Sam? Do you think I will believe you? Look, this is the last time I am seeing you here and you are no more allowed to stay in my house. GET OUT RIGHT NOW"

Arjun slams the door and goes out to join the function, he meets Neil laughing at something and joins with him. Arjun stands at his place and looks for Sam who is coming with all blushes, Neil who stands beside Arjun murmurs, "She looks gorgeous, Bro you are so lucky. I never thought she would be this much beautiful, if so I would have make her mine before you ... anyway you be the lucky man always. All d best brother"