Chapter 3

Hi guys! So I know this story is supposed to be all romance between Jane and William but that's not the only thing I want to focus on this book, I also want to show the love of a single mother towards her child who works hard to make sure her child could live the life they deserve.

This chapter contains more Jane and Noah's scene so you could see the mother-son bond between them.

Happy reading!

------

Jane's POV

I woke up this morning with one thing on my mind. No scratch that, it's actually one person in my mind. And that person is no other than William Winston.

I still can't believe that I talked to William. It's the famous William Winston we're talking about here!

He had occupied my mind since last night. I can't even sleep properly. Thank god it's Saturday so I don't have to go to work and I don't have to see William. At least I could get a decent sleep tonight.

I shouldn't be thinking about William. Today I'm gonna give all my attention to Noah instead of stressing over that cocky CEO.

Noah is still sleeping soundly beside me. I hopped out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face. After that I went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for Noah and I.

I was slavering away over the frying pan making pancakes that I didn't notice Noah had crept into the kitchen.

"Hey, morning baby." I walked over to Noah and kiss him on the forehead.

Noah rubbed his eyes sleepily like a kitten, "Morning, mommy."

"I'm making pancakes for breakfast! Do you want chocolate or fruits to eat with your pancakes?"

"Chocolate." Noah replied, eyes closing a little.

I chuckled, looking at my baby. He almost doze of again. "Okay, baby. Coming right up!"

After we had breakfast, I saw Noah was busy coloring in front of the TV. The TV was still on, showing some breakfast morning show.

I went over to Noah and sit beside him. He looked up at me and show me his coloring book.

"Mommy, look! Nanny Mary bought me this coloring book! She even bought me color pencils. She said I can color on this book when you're busy."

Don't get me wrong but I get a bit disappointed at his words.

First, because Mary is the one who has to buy him a coloring book and color pencils. I'm supposed to buy that for him but I didn't. Not because I don't want to but I have to save the money that I have for the rent, bills and groceries. The last time I bought something for Noah was 2 months ago. I bought him a play fishing set. That was the cheapest toy I could get at a convenience store.

Second, it feels like I'm not always at home anymore. Am I always busy? Maybe I don't give much attention to Noah. I feel bad for him and I hate myself for that. He needs to feel appreciated and loved. And I do love him, so much. He's my everything. My lifeline.

Anyhow, I'm glad Mary bought him the coloring book and color pencils. A 3 year old like Noah should start learning how to color, count and spell. It's good to see him develop and getting smarter. He's gonna be a smart kid one day and live a much better life.

"You're really good at coloring, Noah. You should do it more. I will buy you another coloring book next time okay?" I told him.

"Okay mommy!" Noah give me his toothy smile.