Chapter 19

Jane's POV

I put down the coffee that I just made on the coffee table and took a seat on the couch besides William.

"I'm sorry that I bombarded you with my angry outburst earlier. I don't know what happened to me. I guess... I was just... I'm just..." I trailed off at the end of my sentence.

When I stopped talking, he finished my sentence for me. "Don't trust me. You didn't trust me, that's it, isn't it?"

"William, it's not that I don't trust you. I'm just i-insecure, I guess. You're a public figure, you're rich and god knows what else and then there's me, a nobody." I scowled in disapproval. "I'm sorry William, I can't help it but my insecurity always get the best of me, especially when you're around. Somehow, I always thought that you were only doing this out of pity." I said while looking down at the steaming cup of coffee on the table.

"What do you mean I did this out of pity?" William asked, his brows furrowed.

"You have pity on me! That's why you were trying to be nice to me because you feel bad for sleeping with me and then you figured that I'm a poor single mother so that's why William, that's why you were being so nice to me and Noah. Maybe you feel guilty or something, I don't know." I took a deep breath and still won't meet his eyes. He must be glaring at me this whole time I was talking.

"So, you're saying that everything I did before was just an act? You think that all of that was just an act, Jane? You really saying that it was all fake, are you freaking serious with me? God." William pulled his hair out and he looked frustrated to say the least. Then, he took a sip on the coffee that I made for him before focusing back on me.

"Listen to me, and I mean it Jane. I want you to listen to me clearly. It was never fake and it was not because I pity you. Truth is, I actually adore you even more knowing that you are strong enough to grow Noah on your own despite all these struggles you're having. And if it would make you feel better, I'm sure your dad would be so proud of you. I'm sure he's not that heartless to think of you and your son as a burden to him. I'm sure he would love you both just as much as I do." William finished his sentence while holding my hand in his.

He clearly didn't think before he speak because he do realize that he just said that he loves me, right?

"W-William, I don't think you heard yourself clearly, you literally just said that-"

"That I love you? Well no shit, I do love you and Noah. There's no point of hiding it anymore, I bet you think I was faking it again just to make you feel better huh? Hate to break it to you Jane but it's the truth." William said and let go of my hand slowly and then all at once. He looked sad and tired. Probably tired of my annoying attitude. How can he still look handsome as always even when he's sad? But despite all that, I could see the sincerity in his eyes.

I didn't think twice before I lunged myself at him. I hugged him tightly but I think he was still shocked with my sudden action because I can feel his body tensed and his hand stayed still. After a minute past, he still won't hug me back. I slowly released my hold from him, my face was red out of embarrassment.

William looked directly at me but still haven't said anything yet. I guess I shouldn't have hugged him but I can't help myself, I'm also much in love with him! When he sincerely confessed that he loves me and Noah, I didn't think twice before throwing myself at him.

"I-I'm sorry, William. I didn't mean t-to." I said in a small voice, embarrassed by my sudden attack on him.

"Jane. Why did you hugged me?" William asked.

"I'm sorry, I don't know... when you said that you love me I can't help it...I-I'm" I don't know how to say it. I don't how he would react if I said that I love him too.

"Jane, spill it. We're doing this right now, no more secrets or whatsoever. Tell me." William demanded.

I looked at William and stare into his eyes. One look at him and I can already see my future with him. I can see we sit together on the bench while watching Noah playing around in the playground. I can see myself waking up every morning next to William and then having Noah to jump on our bed to wake us up on Christmas morning. I can also see us as a family, playing around at the beach and then William would help Noah to build his sandcastle while I lay down under the umbrella with another baby girl or boy. This is the moment I realized that I really love William and I have fallen so deep for him.

"I love you," That's it, I have said it out loud. Maybe I was thinking way too forward about my future with William. I'm trying so hard to not let my tears fall down.

"Are you sure, Jane? You don't have to-"

"Damn it, William! I love you okay? I really do." I said it again and now tears are actually pouring down my face.

William smile genuinely and pulled me into his lap. "I knew it. It was a good thing because I love you too." I looked up at him and smile while he wipe away the tears on my face.

"Damn, we're not even together but the I love yous have already been said. We're going to fast, don't you think?" I chuckled.

William looked down at me with his brows furrowed, "What do you mean we're not together? Of course we are."

"Um, actually we're not really together. I mean, I'm not officially your girlfriend and you know..." I said while playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Well then, it would only make sense if I ask you this," He said and took my chin to make me look at him, "Jane Rosenfeld, will you be my girlfriend?"

I smile from ear to ear when suddenly it turns into a smirk, "Actually, I don't know..." I said while putting a finger on my chin and pretending to think.

"Jane..." William groaned.

"Okay, okay I'm just kidding. Of course it's a yes!" I said with a wide grin on my face.

William looked back at me, smiling, and put his hand on the back of my neck then pulled me forward to kiss him, "Thank you, Jane" He kiss me again slightly.

"William, you know there's a lot more commitment if you being with me, have you ever thought about it? About Noah? Once you choose to be with me, you would automatically become his father figure. He would look up to you and-"

"Yes, Jane. Of course I've figured it all out. I've thought about this before. To be honest, I really wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with you and Noah." He tucks the stray of hair behind my ear, tilt my chin up and slowly kissing me.

I can't believe that this ridiculously handsome and rich CEO is my boyfriend. To be even more ridiculous, we even said the I love yous to each other. It happened so fast but It feels like the right time.

Everything was perfectly fine when we finally stop kissing and William stroke my hair gently. I suddenly realized that there's still a lot that I don't know about this man. Who's his family? Where do he live? What's going to happen next? Most importantly, how would Noah react to this? Would he be okay with William being his father figure?

All these thoughts keep passing in my head and I snuggled closer into William's neck as we end up cuddling on the couch. My last thought before I fell asleep was that William's cup of coffee on the table is probably cold by now and he only drank it once, damn it!

-----

please VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!