Chapter 26

Jane's POV

The day was hot and sunny. I noticed that I have been sweating a lot lately. I've been sweating the whole time that I have finally came up with a conclusion that I don't feel like wearing anything right now but that would be inappropriate since Noah is also at home with me. Luckily William is at work, I don't think he would like to see me in a sweaty mess like this. But I'm sure he doesn't mind to see me naked though.

I'm sure it's not just my imagination anymore. This year has actually been abnormally hot so far. No doubt that I am getting a bit worried with the hot weather because I've read an article somewhere that researchers actually expected this year to be cooler than the previous year.

I am now wearing a thin green shirt with a loose pants. My body was so sweaty that it made my clothes stick to my skin like a second layer.

I looked at the sight of my boy, Noah, chalking on his easel. His worn out shirt was splattered with various paints of green, blue, red and yellow. William has bought him a brand new watercolor paint set. Noah has taken his sweet time to paint using his new painting set and now he has switched to the colorful chalks and easel for some chalking.

Having a three year old boy like Noah, I am always looking for something to play, learn, and also some creative and imaginative activities for us to do.

Don't judge me, I do love arts and paintings but sometimes I just hate paints because of the mess. Somehow, on this very sunny day, we take the paints outside. I put Noah in old clothes and it doesn't matter if he makes a mess as I get him cleaned up before we go inside.

"Mommy look," Noah called out for me. I walked over to him, smiling brightly while looking at the easel. There were three stick figures holding hands drawn on the easel.

"Ohh, what did you draw honey?" I asked sweetly.

Noah pointed at the first figure. "This is you mommy," His finger shifted to the next stick figure which is a lot smaller. "And this is me!"

"Aw that is so sweet. What about the last one?" I asked.

"This tall man here is daddy." Noah giggled.

I smiled and clapped my hands, "That's very nice baby!"

Noah gave a fake curtsy. "I can't wait to show this to daddy. Mommy, do you think daddy will love this?" Noah asked with a pout.

"Sweetie, of course daddy would love this. He would be so proud of you Noah. This is the first and the cutest portrait of our family ever!" I exclaimed. I kissed him on the forehead and ruffled his hair.

"Thank you mommy. From now on, I want to draw and paint more things! When I grow up, I can sell my drawings and become rich like daddy! Right mommy?" Noah asked with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

I laughed and shook my head, "Sure honey, but you need to fix your drawing and painting skill a little if you want to be able to sell your paintings."

Noah frowned but then a smile slowly crept onto his face. "Okay mommy. I promise, I will practice to draw everyday so I can sell my painting and make you proud."

I looked at Noah lovingly. What did I do to deserve him? Noah is such a nice kid and I am more than grateful to have him as my son.

I put my hands on Noah's shoulder and look at him in the eyes, "Love, you already made me happy and proud of you. I just hope that one day you will grow up becoming a good man that knows how to treat people fairly and nicely." My eyes brimmed with tears. "I promise baby, I will try to be the best mom for you and make you happy. I won't let you down. I love you so much." I said with a sad smile.