Chapter 20

Jane's POV

Today I woke up with a smile seeing Noah was still sleeping beside me and my smile grew wider once I realized that William and I are dating. I haven't told Noah yet but I did tried dropping hints sometimes by casually saying 'Uncle Will is such a great guy', 'We'll be seeing and spending more time with Uncle Will from now on', 'Would you like it if Uncle Will become your dad?'

So far Noah only gave me positive responses and I'm thankful for it. Even without asking I already knew that Noah loves William just as much as I love him. Noah always seems to be very happy whenever William is around and it warms my heart that William is more than happy to be with Noah too.

I rushed to get my coat in the closet and quickly kissed Noah on the forehead and cheek and said goodbye to Mary. William was looking around furiously before he saw me and gave me a kiss. We both get into the car and drove off to the pub.

"William, are you okay?" I asked.

William looked straight ahead on the road before looking at me and smile, "Yeah, I'm fine. What about you? And how's Noah?" he asked and put his hand on my thigh while his other hand on the steering wheel.

"We're good. Noah missed you though. He keep asking me when will his favorite Uncle Will come to play with him again," I said and remembering all those times Noah asked me about William, "But don't worry, I told him that you're a pretty busy guy and can't always be around to play with him. I'm sure he gets it now."

I heard William sighed so I look at him and hold his hand that was resting on my thigh, "What's wrong?" I asked with a concerning tone.

"I missed Noah too, so much. I hate not being able to spend more time with him and you. I'm really sorry Jane. We recently closed a deal with one of the big companies so I'll be busy for a while now."

"Oh my god, really? Congratulations baby! And don't worry about us, I totally understand. But please don't drown yourself in work too much, I don't want you to stress yourself out." I said while squeezing his hand.

"I just wish I could spend more time with the both of you especially now that we are officially together, ya know. I promise after I'm done dealing with this new project then I'll take the three of us somewhere far and less crowded so no one can interrupt us."

"So you mean like a vacation?" I asked.

"Yes, absolutely." William said with a smile.

It was really nice of him for wanting to spend more time with me and Noah but I don't want us to always be on his way and be the reason of him getting distracted from his work.

Sometimes I wonder if I even made the right choice by being with him. He's a successful CEO and pretty much busy all the time. Working and meeting new people is what he's been doing all these years and he's proud of it so I won't let myself separate him from doing what he loves.

"That sounds nice but I'm sure we could think about the vacation another time, besides it's not really necessary to be going for a holiday sooner. And William, let's not forget that I also have a job to attend to. It might not be the most successful job or something that I could be proud of but it's more than important to me because that's how I survive. I need money for rent, bills, and you know the rest." By the time I ended talking, the car came to a halt and I looked through the window and saw that we have finally arrived at the pub.

I was taking off my seatbelt when I heard William replied, "Actually, there is another thing that I want to talk to you but now is probably not the right time and place for it so we'll talk later ok?"

I looked at William for awhile before nodded, "Are you coming with me? Or do you have somewhere else to go?" I asked him.

"Baby, I would love to stay and see you on stage again but unfortunately not tonight. I got some files to go through and I need to sign them by tonight, the documents have to be delivered first thing tomorrow morning so yeah I gotta finish them."