Chapter 23

Jane's POV

The pub is not so crowded today. During the day, the pub is much more comfortable and have less people. Only a few construction workers, elders, and some middle aged men and women who worked at the nearby building would come here to have a drink or a quick brunch during the daytime. A few kids were also seemed to be enjoying their one scoop of ice cream and fries.

Danny really did take a good care of his pub. Now, you might be imagining Danny's pub to be like those club with black decorated walls, have an expensive lounge and a sparkling disco ball hanging on top.

Wrong.

Danny's pub was decorated with a classic vintage beige grey wooden wall with old yellow antique lamps hanging. He also had that bright and colorful lighting on every corner but that was only for the nighttime use. During the daytime, the pub was much more casual, almost looked like one of those typical coffee and donuts cafe or a pizza diner. A modern but classic juxebox was also situated near the corner.

So yeah, this pub is not one of those expensive, 5 star rated, high class club. It is much more old fashion than you think.

"Enjoying the drink?" Danny asked me.

"Yeah, looks like Noah was also enjoying his chicken nuggets." I replied, chuckling.

I looked at Noah who was busy eating—devouring his one medium plate of chicken nuggets. I sat besides William with Noah in front of me and Danny sat in front of William. We were here today to tell Danny that I'm going to quit. I have told Danny earlier, he was concerned about me at first but then I told him the reasons and he was relieved.

"I really hope this won't be your last time to be here. Just because you quit Jane, it doesn't mean you can't come around anymore. You're always welcome to be here. Especially this little nugget guy over here." Danny said while ruffling Noah's hair.

"Of course we will come here again. I will never forget you Dan." I said and turned to look at William. He was drinking his coffee when he glanced at me.

William cleared his throat and looked at Danny. "Uh yes. Sure, we'll stop by here again some other time."

I looked at William and smiled. He was trying to control himself from jealousy. I am glad that he was doing good.

Here's the thing though, earlier at home before we left for the pub, I pleaded him to at least went inside the pub and have a drink. I want him to try talking with Danny and perhaps become friends with him. But of course William didn't want that. He refused to went inside and only wanted to stay in the car, waiting for me while I went inside and tell Danny that I want to quit my job. That sounds rude, especially when William is the reason that I quit this job.

William was just jealous of Danny because 1) Danny knew me first, 2) Danny knew me better, 3) Danny has helped me a lot instead of him, 4) William was jealous of how close and friendly I could be with Danny, which is ridiculous because it's only a brother-sister relationship and nothing more.

William is just really hard to pleased sometimes.

Luckily, after having a 13 minutes make out session on the couch which then was being interrupted by a loud shrieked from Noah, William finally agreed to meet Danny as well.

My hand went to squeezed William's hand as if to say "I'm here with you." and "You're doing good".

We stayed on the pub a little later than we planned but I totally don't mind because right now everything seems perfect to me. William was finally engrossed in his conversation with Danny, talking about his new project deal and sometime talked a bit about sports, which I clearly know nothing about. Meanwhile, I was busy watching Noah who is still eating his chicken nuggets and have some tomato sauce on the corner of his lip. I laughed at the scene.