Chapter 28

WARNING: The following chapter may contain rape/violence content and strong language which may be offensive and/or inappropriate for some readers.

i do NOT tolerate rape or violence in any way! this is only for the sake of this story so please beware!

p.s. pls aware that this chapter is going through very fast but i tried to made it seems as realistic as possible

-----

Jane's POV

I swear something is wrong.

The weather is extremely hot and the scientists are obviously wrong about expecting this year's weather to be cooler.

It was bright and hot outside, the summer air barely cooling off for the day. It was like walking through a sauna, it was a wet heat, the kind that made your hair cling to you the second you stepped outside.

I tried desperately to cover up despite the heat, my dad's cautious words swirling around in my head.

I was washing the dishes by myself, humming away to the melody of the common song that have been played continuously on the radio.

I was just done when I heard some shuffling, and the soft sound of the door creaked. I have no idea who would it be since William is at work and Noah is at my dad's place so I'm all alone in the penthouse today.

I could be wrong but I swear I heard multiple footsteps and voices murmured to each other coming from the living room.

I crept my way to the hallway but I saw nobody. Getting scared, I quickly make my way to the bedroom where my cellphone is also located at.

I was near the bedroom, passing Noah's room when suddenly someone clamped their hand over my mouth and pulled me backward.

"Mhm!" I screamed as their arms closed in a tight grip around me. I struggled to set myself free from the person holding me. I was twisting and wiggling around when this person hissed in my ear, "Stop fighting you stupid bitch!"

It's a voice of a man that I'm not familiar with.

My eyes widened when Sullivan appeared in front of me and helped the person to restrain me.

Before I was even aware of what was happening, they dragged me into my bedroom. My eyes widened and panic rise in me as the door closed from behind us with a bang, and they finally let me go, pushing me to the floor.

Pain flashed in my knees when I hit the ground, and I looked around me in frenzy. I finally noticed that there was only Sullivan and his man in the room.

Their silent, menacing looks froze everything in me and my insides churned with nausea.

No, this can't be happening!

My nightmare has turned into reality!

This is it, the final disaster.

"Sullivan! What are you doing? What's all this?" I asked with a panic in my voice while looking at him and the man beside him. I couldn't believe he would go to this extreme to hurt me or anything.

Sullivan's eyes flashed with hate, his face twisting into an ugly grimace when he took a few steps toward me. I scurried to my feet, backing toward the bed and away from them.

"I warned you woman," Sullivan hissed. "I told you and your stupid fiance to not do anything stupid if he can't handle the risk!" he shouted.

I was breathing so fast now, my whole body paralyzed in terror from the promise of hurt in Sullivan's eyes.