Epilogue

Jane's POV

7 years later

The television was playing an old popular romance movie. I've been spending too much time watching movies during weekend. This is probably because I don't have much time during weekdays since I've been working myself out until late night.

3 years ago, after I graduated my bachelor degree online, I just poked around a little thinking I'd send out a few resumes and have a job by the end of the month. Fast forward 2 months later, with a little help from William, I have finally gotten myself a job as a HR specialist in Chase & Co. Inc.

No surprised there when William insisted for me to stay home and look pretty. Meanwhile, I would rather make myself work to not let my degree go to waste.

When the movie didn't excite me anymore, I paused to admire my outrageously expensive and very sparkly wedding ring on my left hand. I still couldn't believe that William and I have officially, legally married.

How long has it been? 6 and a half year I supposed? That was long enough.

Our wedding was not as massive as people would have thought. I asked William to make it simple but elegant. And he managed to do just that.

I heard the familiar sound of the front door opening, then closing, and assumed William and the kids are back. The loud voices of excitement from my kids can be heard from the living room.

I saw my little 7 year old girl first, as she was running happily towards me with her brother followed behind.

"Mommy! We're back!" Ellie shouted. She ran and hugged me tightly. Her hair was up in a cute pigtails that I did for her this morning.

It's Saturday and Ellie woke up this morning asking for chocolate milk and donuts which we were unfornately lack of it. William who was already wrapped around her little finger, cannot resist the cute little pout and round eyes of Ellie. So he decided to bring the kids, Noah and Ellie, to the nearest cafe and bought some sparkly donuts for all of us.

Maybe it was that cute little toothless smile, or the dimples on Ellie's cheeks. I didn't know exactly what it was, but all it took was some puppy eyes and a little pout to make William cave.

Ellie hadn't even learned how to make her own bed but she was a manipulative mastermind when she set her mind on something, and I had to admit I was kind of proud of her for that. She'd be a powerful, beautiful woman one day.

"Hey sweetie, what did you buy?" I asked Ellie while picking her up to sit on my lap. Noah also come running in and sit besides me on the couch.

"We buy donuts, mommy! Lots of donuts! Daddy said we can have donuts for dinner too." Ellie exclaimed happily.

I glared my eyes playfully, "Really? Daddy told you that? Because I don't think we'll be having donuts for dinner. I'll cook something special for us tonight honey."

"Mom, daddy bought lots of donuts. He bought 2 full boxes of it!" Noah told me.

I laughed, knowing William too well that he'll buy anything the kids want.

"Your daddy literally has a soft spot for you two." I said, smiling.

"Only for my family." I heard William's voice said. I looked up to see my handsome husband, with 2 boxes of donuts in one hand while the other looks like he held 2 cartons of chocolate milk.

William put the milks and donuts on the table and was quick to join us on the couch. He sit besides Noah which make the little guy being sandwiched between William and me. Poor boy, but he didn't seem to mind getting the affection he deserves from his parents.