Chapter 30

Jane's POV

A day has passed and I am currently sitting on the hospital bed, waiting for William while he is paying for my hospital bill.

I have changed the blue hospital gown to my own casual wear consist of black jeans and a caramel T-shirt. It feels good to finally get to wear my own clothes.

I stretch my muscles a little and heard my bones cracked and pop. There's something about cracking my back that I found so unbelievably satisfying. It's a good thing because I once read in a health magazine that stretching exercises can help relieve pain and tension in the back.

My body still ached a little here and there but I think I'm strong enough to walk on my own now even though the wounds and bruises on my body haven't completely heal yet.

I heard his footsteps before he opened the door to my hospital room. William finally came into view, matching a perfect white button up shirt with a neat pair of jeans and a stylish pair of boots. Only William can make a plain white shirt look sexy while he's wearing it. However, he once said that it takes no style to make a white shirt look good, as long as it is clean and it fits.

I am pretty much convince that I look like a potato next to him.

William walked over to me. He smiles and lean closer to kiss me but accidentally pressed his hand on my legs, making me whine.

"Oh my god babe! I'm sorry, did it hurt?" William asked in concerned while carefully examining me.

"It's fine, nothing hurts." I lied and smiled at him but he just keep looking at me. William's pained expression intensified and I felt a pang of guilt in my chest.

"Baby are you sure you're okay?" William asked and I can't look at him in the eye. I don't want to ruin this day. The day's just starting and I finally about to discharge from the hospital. We're going to pick up Noah later, since we haven't been with him for some time so we want to make every moment today with Noah as splendid as possible.

"Hey, we have to go and get Noah today." I said and looked at William while smiling. I know that my smile could always calm him down and I am always right.

His expression softens as soon as he sees me smile and that made me feel better somehow.

William staring admiringly at my face and I smiled at him. "Yeah I miss him. Can't wait to see the little guy soon." he said.

William just finished preparing the car so he went to get my bags and I tried to stand up but he turned to me and spoke, "No, wait. Let me."

"What?" I said disbelievingly.

William positioned his hands on my lower back and under my legs.

"Wait! What are you doing Will—"

"It's fine. I'll carry you babe." William told me.

"Oh god, seriously William? No! What would people say—"

He turned to look at me once again and said, "Jane, I don't want to see you struggling to walk so I'll carry you. Just let me carry you to the car please."

I did as what he said and I felt my eyes moist. He'd certainly do everything just to see me feel comfortable.

"We can just ask for a wheelchair you know. It'll be much easier." I giggled.