Chapter 29

Arias POV
I've spent hours and hours reading and reading these stupid books and I can't do it anymore. The more I read the more it feels like there's no hope. I'm going to spend the rest of my life stuck in this dreadful hole of a place. With a screaming grandmother locked in the basement with four other mummies. I'm living a scene from a horror movie. I am in hell. My rant continued in my head as I finished reading the 25th book I had grabbed from the shelf.
"This is hopeless!" I shouted. My anger was boiling inside of me and I just couldn't take it. I grabbed the first thing in front of me and hurdled it. The candle holder I had thrown had knocked over a bunch of books that stood in a pile, sending paper everywhere and books crumbling in a heap. I was about to scream at the annoyance when something caught my eye. A piece of paper which had slipped out of one of the books. I picked it up and read the spell that was sprawled in messy handwriting all over the paper.
"Oh my god." I gasped as I realised it was the key to getting out. The spell would usually be performed by several people but I figured it was worth a shot. I would have to wait for the moon to rise to its highest point before performing it, which was in less then 20 minutes, so I got to work collecting all I needed to perform the spell.
I grabbed a bunch of candles, five to be precise, and a knife. I ran into the kitchen which was just dust and not much else and searched for salt. There must be some. Finally my eyes landed on a sack in the corner. I cut a small whole and to my luck there in the bag was a bunch of salt. Thank god. I hauled all of the object outside into the snow where the moonlight could reach me. I lay all the candles at the points of a star and joined them together with the salt. I took a moment to light them up perform talking the knife into the middle of the star, where I knelt.
"Oh god Aria this is crazy." I spoke to myself. This was dark magic that was bound to scar me if I got through it. I looked into the sky and sighed. It was time. I lifted the knife and sliced my hand open and the blood drip into the snow. More and more blood flowed out of my hand I tot he snow as I began to chant.
"Vamos Cato vamo, vo vamos phentos." The blood began to disperses towards the salt where it followed the lines of the star. I picked up the knife again still chanting. The wind began to pick up as I got louder and louder. I pointed the knife towards my heart and the candles around me erupted into flames.
"VAMOS CATO VAMO, VO VAMOS PHENTOS!" I shouted for the last time before plunging the knife into my heart. The pain wasn't like a normal wound that I would endure from a metal knife as a vampire. It seared and burned like it had been laced with vervain. My blood boiled and my head spun. I wasn't healing and my vision was getting lighter and lighter. Heat blazed round my face and it almost felt like I was going to burn up. The white light burned my eyes and the next thing I know it all went black.
~~~
Damon POV
"It's okay...just get it all out." I sighed as I held Blairs hair as she threw up in the toilet. This is definitely the last thing I wanted to be doing right now. I looked as Caroline was smirking from the couch.
"This is your fault you got her pissed." I hissed at her.
"I'm a bad influence."She shrugged. I huffed at annoyance. I had way mor important things to do right now. My phone buzzed in my pocket as I let go of Blairs hair, who had conveniently stopped throwing up.
"Stefan this isn't a good ti-" but Stefan cut me off.
"It's Aria, Damon. She's in hospital. Right now. Here." He gasped.
"What?!" I exclaimed overwhelmed by the news.
"But she's not in good shape. I don't know how she managed it but the way she got here. It's affected her. She's in hospital for a stab wound. You need to get here." He explained.
"Already on my way." I told him. I looked at Caroline who looked confused.
"You have to stay here. I have to go." I told her.
"What?! No!" She shouted at me. "Not again Damon."
"Now is not the time. It's Aria and it's important. So SHUT IT!" I shouted before rushing out the door.
*
*
*
UPDATE IS HERE.