Chapter Seventeen

**********************************************Roxanne*******************************************************************

“That’s so cool,” I said to Damien who was telling me about his affinity for air. Apparently Zoey had an affinity for all the elements (fire, earth, air, water, and spirit) and he had one for air and knowledge.

“Yeah it seemed like you have a real gift for music,” he said making Erik laugh.

“That wasn’t music it was her prancing around like a tramp, because her boss told her so,” he said making it sound easy.

“Whatever, I put a lot of thought and effort into my performances, and I do my own choreography,” I added, but of course Erik already knew that. He was just upset about the Miles thing.

“You have a really amazing singing voice and you’re letting it all go to waste for some pipe dream this guy is selling you,” he laughed.

“It’s not a pipe dream, you sound like my dad,” I said shutting him up. “Why don’t you guys stay here at the school,” I said continuing my conversation with Damien in Erik’s silence.

“It’s a long story,” he said as we walked passed another statue of Nyx. “Are you okay?” Damien asked. I thought I was fine, but just then my lungs felt like they were going to burst and I coughed.

I fell to my knees and started to cough up blood, but then I blacked out. "The time has come for you to make your choice,” a familiar voice called to me. When I opened my eyes I was sitting in a meadow filled with the pink cherry blossom pedals my mom and sister loved to play in. I sat up to see Nyx standing under a cherry blossom tree. I walked over to her.

“I need more time than this,” I said then heard Roz’s voice. I turned to see her, my mom, and Rogan playing in the pedals. “Where am I?”

“In a world much like my own. My father created it. And this is where your family live. He’ll allow you to join them, or stay on Earth and be bound to me,” she said smiling at me.

“What about Isis and Erik?” I asked wanting to hold my mom one last time.

“They’ll live their lives without you, and maybe without each other, depending on the fates,” she said smiling her warm smile. Her golden brown eye swirled with feelings of ease and comfort. She didn’t look old enough to be a goddess, but she was wise enough for the job I suppose.

“Can I talk to them?” I asked her. She just nodded. I ran down the short hill and grabbed my mom from behind. “I love you, and I’m sorry for getting pregnant, and running away, and saying that I hate you. I love you so much,” I cried squeezing her tighter with each word.

“I know and I love you too,” she said squeezing me back and holding me.

“Roxy,” Roz said wrapping her arms around me. Her hair was long and full like mine was at her age, and she looked healthier then she had ever been. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too,” I looked over to Rogan and he did one of Erik’s I’m-too-cool-to-show-emotion half smiles. “Come here loser,” I said and he rushed over to hug me. “Clara really misses you,” I whispered in his ear.

“I’m so proud of you,” my mom said hugging me again. “Don’t ever forget that,” she smiled at me.

“Why are you saying that like this is goodbye?” I asked her. I didn’t want to leave especially so soon.

“You have to go back to Erik. He needs you, and so does daddy, and Isis,” Roz said looking shocked by my unwillingness to leave.

“But I can’t leave you guys,” I said looking to my mom who just smiled at me.