Chapter 11

The next morning, Marisa came downstairs to find her parents sitting at the table waiting for her. They both had serious looks on their faces.

“Honey, we need to talk.” Her mother finally said. Letting out a sigh, Marisa sat down.

“First things first, why would you even think of doing something so reckless?” Her father asked.

“Because, I know he would have done the same for me.”

“He?” Realizing she couldn’t hide the truth anymore, Marisa told her parents everything. From where she met Thomas at the mall to where he took her to his workplace. After she finished explaining, she was expecting to hear an earful. But to her surprise, it was the exact opposite.

“I see. Well, that sure is a relief.” Her mother stated. Marisa looked at them surprised. They both had calmer expressions on their faces.

“I must admit. You have been acting as if you’ve been deep in thought lately. Though, I never would have guessed it would be something like this.” Her father added.

“So than...you’re not upset?” Marisa asked with a nervous look.

“Why would we be? We were just a little concerned that’s all.” Her father stated with a smile.

“He’s right, honey. As long as you promise to leave all the dangerous stuff to your friends from now on. But, if you’re happy than that’s good enough.” Her mother assured. Marisa smiled.

“Okay, I promise. No more crazy stunts from me.” Just then, her phone beeped. She opened it to see she was receiving a text message.

“Who’s it from, honey?”

“It’s from Thomas. He says he, Marcus, and Yoshi are planning to have lunch at the Cat’s Eye Café and wants to know if I’d like to join them.”

“That sounds wonderful, dear. Good thing you have a day off today.” Marisa smiled.

“Yeah. Maybe I’ll take him up on that offer. I wasn’t able to talk with Yoshi and Marcus for very long and would like to get to know them better. They really seemed like a lot of fun.”

“I’m glad, dear. You go ahead and enjoy yourself.” Her mother stated with a smile.

“I will.” Marisa stated as she text him back.

   At 11:30, Marisa hopped into her car and headed to the Cat’s Eye Café. She decided to park in the hospital’s parking lot because it would be easier that way. Thankfully, the café wasn’t more than a couple blocks away.

“It’s funny. I’ve been working at the hospital for nearly 5 years now. Yet, I had no idea such a place was so close by. I guess I need to get out more.” As she walked into the café, one of the waiters welcomed her.

“Welcome to our café, miss. May I get you a table?” Marisa smiled.

“Thank you, but I’m meeting some of my friends here.” Just then, a voice called out.

“Hey, Marisa! Over here!” Marisa looked over to see Yoshi waving at her.

“Hi, Yoshi!” Marisa walked over to the table where she and Marcus were sitting.

“It’s great to see you again. Where’s Thomas?”

“He’ll be right back. He just went to wash his hands. Have a seat.” Marcus stated. Marisa smiled as she took her seat. Before long, Thomas appeared.

“Good morning.” He smiled.

“Good morning.” Marisa stated while blushing.

“So Marisa, how did you and Thomas meet in the first place?” Marcus asked grinning.