Chapter 22

As time continued to pass by, Marisa kept her promise to Thomas. The two of them had many fun times together. Whenever they could, they would go somewhere fun with the others and create new precious memories. Thomas soon realized Marisa was right. While the memories he had of the time he spent with his parents were still important to him, it was alright for him to make new memories with all of his friends. He realized it was okay for him to move on with his life and not hold onto the past anymore. As soon as he did learn this, he felt somewhat relieved, as if a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. During that time, Marisa was right by his side doing everything she could to put a smile on his face. Her warm smile reminded him so much of his mother’s. He truly felt as if he had been set free. Meanwhile, Marisa was having so much fun too. She couldn’t remember the last time she had so much fun. It was something she wanted to make last for a long time to come. Before anyone knew it, 3 months had passed. While Thomas continued his work as an agent, Marisa also continued her work as a doctor. One day, Marisa was going about her business when she passed by the waiting room and spotted a news report on the TV.

“Just a few moments ago, a wild police chase took place from the northern tip of town and ended here at the construction site for the new auto repair shop that was scheduled to have it’s grand opening at the beginning of the next year. The driver managed to avoid the police while parking in front of the site and ran into the half built building. The suspect is not expected to be armed however the police are having trouble apprehending him. We will continue to bring you this live broadcast as the events continue to unfold.” Marisa’s face brightened.

“That construction site is just around the block from here! Thomas must be there! And if the suspect is unarmed, than it should be okay!” With that said, Marisa rushed into the doctor’s resting room and found Chelsea.

“Chelsea, I’m sorry but something just came up. Can you finish today’s paperwork for me?”

“Sure thing. Is something wrong?”

“Nothing urgent. It’s just that I think Thomas is nearby. Thanks for doing the paperwork for me. I owe ya one!” With that, she rushed towards the door leaving Chelsea and Dr. David, who was also there, in a daze.

“Shesh, she just can’t stop herself from seeing him every chance she can get.” Chelsea picked up the folders Marisa left on the table and got to work. Dr. David just sighed as he formed a sad look on his face. Meanwhile, Marisa was running down the side walk as fast as she could.

“It’s been almost a week since we’ve seen each other. I sure hope he’s there. Of course, I’ll stand on the sidelines until he’s finished with his work.” Marisa kept on running until she spotted a large row of police cars. As she came up to them, she spotted some police men as they were leading a man out of the building and towards the police cars. She gasped as she spotted Thomas, Marcus, and Yoshi behind them. Thomas was wearing his stern work face. Marisa chuckled as she remembered the time when she thought that look was a little frightening. For a while, she just remained hidden among the crowd. Meanwhile, Thomas was talking to the police chief.

“This is only the 3rd time this month that they’ve bothered to make a move. I thought they would be acting up a lot more than this.” The chief mentioned.

“Yes I know. I was so sure they had intended to use the incident with the burned down school a few months ago as their calling card. Yet, they’ve hardly done anything at all since then. And the fact that this one was so easy to catch bothers me even more. At first I thought he was only meant as a distraction, but we never received word about any other kind disturbance. Which means they were merely trying to get rid of him or he was trying to cause some kind of an uproar.” For a while, the two of them just stood there thinking.