Chapter 21

Before she knew it, Friday had come.

“Well, I guess I'd better be heading out.”

“Okay, enjoy your first date.”Chelsea cheered.

“Her first date?” Dr. David asked with a surprised look on his face. Dr. John gave him a funny look.

“Didn’t you hear? Thomas asked her out to have dinner with him tonight.” Dr. David formed a surprised look on his face. Marisa just blushed as she scratched her cheek.

“I kind of prefer to just think of it as going out to dinner. I’m a little embarrassed about calling it a date.” Chelsea just laughed to herself while Dr. John shook his head and smiled.

“Well, I’ll see you guys on Monday.”

“Alright, have fun.” Chelsea grinned.

“Don’t stay out too late.” Dr. John smirked. Marisa gave him a funny look.

“Ha ha, very funny.” With that, she started walking towards the exit.

“Dr. Marisa!” Marisa turned to see Dr David reaching out for her.

“Yes? Is something wrong?” Dr. David pulled his hand away and gripped his fist.

“It’s...it’s just...be careful.” Marisa was a bit confused but smiled.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.” With that, she walked out the door. Chelsea and Dr. John looked at each other puzzled.

“Hey, Dr. David, are you okay?”

“Yeah, what was that all about?” Dr. David gripped his fist. Then, he turned and formed a fake smile on his face.

“Oh, it’s nothing. Just being paranoid.” Chelsea looked at Dr. John who just shrugged. Without saying a word, Dr. David looked at the door while still clenching his fist. Meanwhile, Marisa got in her car and pulled out into the road.

“I wonder what Dr. David was trying to say? He seemed to have something on his mind...Oh well, probably nothing to worry about.” With that said, she headed for home. When she got home, it was almost 4 o’clock. As soon as she walked up to the door and reached for the handle, someone swung the door open from the inside.

“Where have you been?!” Marisa’s eyes widened to see it was Maggie.

“May May? I was just at work. Nothing to get all excited about.”

“Are you kidding me?! Your date’s in less than three hours! You have to get ready!” Marisa formed a confused look on her face.

“Does it really take that long to get ready for a date?”

“Of course it does! You have to take a bath, do your hair and make-up, paint your nails, and fix your dress! You’ve got a lot of work to do!” Marisa’s face turned bright red as she rose her hands.

“Whoa now! I wasn’t planning on going that far! I figured I would just put my hair in a braid or something and you know I don’t wear make-up. I don’t know how to do all that fancy stuff.” Maggie gave her a smirk.

“Why do you think I’m here?” Marisa’s eyes widened.

“What?! Wait no! Even you wouldn’t do that!” Maggie let out an evil laugh.

“Time to get to work!” She cheered as she dragged Marisa inside.

“Hey! No way! This isn’t funny! Mom! Don’t just stand there! Help!” She cried as her mother just watched them go. She couldn’t help but laugh.