Chapter 13

After some time, Marisa found herself back at W.O.O.H.P. She stood by her car as Thomas went to call a mechanic. He came back with a tall young man wearing a mechanics uniform.

“Hey, Marisa, sorry to keep you waiting. Allow me to introduce to you, Coby, the best mechanic W.O.O.H.P. has ever had.” Coby lifted his hat.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Dr. Marisa. I’ve heard so much about you.” Marisa formed a surprised look on her face.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too. But how do you know about me being a doctor?”

“I heard all about how you helped my little brother when he fell at the park and injured his knee.” Marisa gasped.

“That little boy was your brother?!”

“Yep, that’s him. His name is Bud. Although our parents might have been better off calling him Stunt. I swear, that kid gets himself in more reckless situations in one day than the number of cars I fix in a week.” Marisa couldn’t help but laugh.

“That sounds a lot like my little brother. He used to bang himself up so many times our poor mother almost had a heart attack 3 times a day.”

“So I guess that makes us kindred spirits.”

“I suppose so.” With a smile on his face, Coby opened up the hood to Marisa’s car and looked inside.

“How’s it look?” Thomas asked.

“Not too bad. As far as I can tell from first glance, I see a couple of parts that need to be replaced and both the oil and air filters could use a good cleaning. Other than that, nothing too serious. I should have it up and running within a couple of hours.”

“Really? That’s a huge relief. Thank you so much, Coby.” Marisa stated with a big smile.

“My pleasure. It’s the least I can do after all you’ve done for my brother.” With that being said, Coby got to work.

“Well, shall we leave him to his work?”

“Sounds good to me. Thanks again, Coby.” Marisa stated as she and Thomas headed towards the command center.

   As soon as they walked through the door, something flashed in front of them and jumped on Thomas.

“Thomas!” Marisa looked over to see a little girl with brown hair pulled back into ponytails along the sides of her head clinging to him. She looked like she was only a couple years younger than Conner.

“Thomas! I missed you so much!” She cheered.

“Why, Kristy, what a nice surprise. I missed you too.” Thomas gently put her down.

“Um, Thomas?”

“Oh right, sorry about that. This is Kristy. She’s Marcus’s little sister.” Marisa smiled.

“Oh I see, I heard him mention once before he had a sister.” Marisa bent down on her knees.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Kristy. My name is Marisa.” Kristy smiled a big smile.

“Are you Thomas’s girlfriend?” Both Marisa and Thomas’s faces turned bright red.

“No! It’s nothing like that at all. We’re just really good friends. Right?” Marisa looked at Thomas while trying not to blush.

“Huh, yes of course.” Kristy formed a confused look on her face.

“But my big brother told me that you two were going to get married someday.” At that moment, Marisa’s face turned so red she looked like she had sunburn.