Chapter 19 - Meeting The One

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 19

---

"So, how was it?" I asked them once we met outside.

"Uhh, it was . . . easy," Drake said with a wince.

"You probably got stuck on the first question," Damon said with a laugh and I laughed along.

"The first question was to fill in my name," Drake said confusedly.

"Exactly," Bex said with a laugh.

"You guys are such bullies." Drake crossed his arms childishly.

"Only true friends are the real bullies." I winked at him.

Emma laughed before giving Drake a kiss. "Come on, Ash. We can't be late for our big game."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Big game? I thought that was next week."

"No, it's today. Restwood High is coming today," She said slowly.

My eyes widened. "But I have't been practicing the past week because of my punishment."

   "Yeah, that's why I was surprised. Don't worry, you're probably one of the best players in this town. You'll be fine," Emma said reassuringly.

   "God, no. I'm so doomed." I shook my head. Emma ignored my words and dragged me away from the rest to the locker room.

   "Are they good? Are they really good? I mean, I haven't practiced in a while, what am I going to-"

   Emma stopped my ranting with a slap across my cheek. "You will be fine. Just calm down. You're Ash Brooks. Say it."

   "I'm Ash Brooks," I said with a nod.

   "Louder." She shook my shoulders.

   "I'm Ash Brooks!"

   "Good. Now go get your butt in there and change into your soccer clothes." She pushed me into one of the stalls and I obliged.

    I hurriedly stuffed the other change of clothes that I was wearing into my duffel bag, and left with Emma to the field. Thankfully, we weren't late and some people weren't even there yet. It was faint at first, but then I heard it clearer by the second. Tracking the sound, my eyes caught Bex, Ryder, Drake, and Damon cheering our names at the bleachers.

   I laughed with Emma when I saw Damon jumping up and down with an A4 paper that read 'You Go Ash & Emma'. I guess it was a last minute sign.

   We did a few warmup exercises until the opposing team arrived. I started feeling my nerves on end as I started jogging in place.

   You can do this.

   You can do this.

   You can do this. 

   After the introductions were made, we all gathered for the referee to flip a coin. The winner of the coin flip was the opposing team so they the chose the end for the first half and we kicked off.

   I got a feel for everyone; saw who was in control, who wasn't afraid to attack, and tried to pinpoint their point of weakness. The first half went well, but no one scored. It was easy.