Chapter 29 - Dinner At The Adams'

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 29

---

   "Reece, this is a disaster. I don't know what I'm going to do," I said with a groan and flopped on the bed miserably.

   "Relax, it's going to be okay-"

   "No, it's not!" I exclaimed, standing up dramatically, "This is the meeting of my life. This is the official big thing. Do you know what meeting his family means? Huh? My future depends on this."

   After we ate lunch in one of the restaurants yesterday, looked at a couple other shops, and I went to the book sotre, we all decided to go on to a different destination. It was a long but fun day, and before we called it a night, Ryder invited me over his house to have lunch with his family. All three of his sisters are going to be there along with Benjamin and his parents.

   She rolled her eyes. "Is your drama going to have an intermission soon? Just chill out for two seconds so I can try to help you."

   I closed my eyes and sat back on the bed, doing my best to relax like she said.

   "You have to look pretty but not slutty. Classic but not boring. Elegant but not too strict. Here, try this on." She handed me a dress from one of her suitcases and I tried to figure it out but I'll only know when I try it on.

   I quickly shimmied out of my sweatpants and slipped off my shirt before putting on the dress. I nodded in appreciation at my reflection in the mirror. It was sleeveless, burgundy red dress that reached mid-thigh. It had an upside down triangular slit that didn't reveal too much, and the dress flowed out from the waist.

   "I think it's too short," I said, eyeing my bare long legs.

   She scrunched her eyebrows together. "Hmm . . . you're right."

   She turned back around and fished for something else for me. After a a minute or so, she handing me another blue dress. This one reached a few inches above the knee and it flowed out as well from the high waist band. The sleeves were lace and reached my elbows, and it had a wide neckline in a wide oval shape.

   "This one's way prettier than the other," I said, admiring the way it hugs my waist.

   "This one's gorgeous! Come on, let me curl your hair. We don't have much time." She pushed me into the chair and immediately set to work.

   Twenty minutes later, I was all set with my hair curled and very little makeup. I had just put blush, mascara, and lip gloss. I hung my white cross bag over my shoulder before bidding Emma good bye and rushing down the stairs.

   When Elyse saw me at the bottom of the stairs, her eyes lit up and a warm smile danced on her face. "You look jaw-dropping, Ashie-pie. Have fun."

   I hugged her and returned the smile. "Thanks, Elyse. Where's dad?"

   "He got caught up with something really important so Damon's taking you there."

    "I doubt he'll want to do that. What about Sarah?"

   "Work. It's fine, Ash. Just-"