Chapter 46 - Reshaping Faces

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 46

---

I shut my locker with a bang that was drowned by the loud chatter of the crowded hallway. I made my way through the mass of people to Algebra with my books in hand, careful not to bump into anyone.

I felt a hand suddenly clamp my shoulder, making me jump in place. I snapped my head to the side to see Damon looking at me.

"You scared the living sh** out of me," I said with a relieved sigh as I started walking again but with him by my side.

"I just touched your shoulder," he replied. "What's up with you lately? You've been so jumpy and distant."

"I went to Ryder a few days ago," I said and ran a hand through my hair as we stopped by Mrs. Johnson's room.

"Oh . . . How did it go?" He crossed his arms and shifted from one foot to another.

The second bell rang, signaling the beginning of the period.

"I'll tell you later; we're both late."

He nodded and started walking away, slow at first but then changed his pace to a jog to catch his class. I knocked twice before entering the room.

Thankfully, Mr. Walker still hadn't arrived. I took my seat in the back of the class, opened my notebook, and started doodling meaninglessly. I didn't realize it, but my hand had moved with a mind of its own and drew two people - a girl and a boy, but they were in some kind of intricate position that disallowed them from touching. I was reminded when I was so into drawing and painting last year and I saved up for an expensive drawing kit with a sketchbook. I soon got over it, though like I did with any of my other interests excluding soccer.

A ball of crumbled paper landed on my book, interrupting my drawing. I looked to my right to see Drake giving me a lopsided grin.

"Welcome back, Foxy," he said and I couldn't help but remember my first days at Maviston High. Back when I was so closed up and rude. These people really did change me. It's too bad I discovered who they really are.

I gave him a half-hearted smile. "Hey."

"How's it going?" he asked warily. It made me think that Emma probably told him about what happened between Bex, Ryder, and I after I told her and Reece yesterday.

I laughed. "It is spectacular. It is going perfectly fine."

He grew slightly somber and I caught the pity on his face. "You don't deserve what happened to you."

I didn't reply and just stared back at him. Before any of us can say anything else, Mr. Walker walked into class slightly breathless.

"I apologize for being later. There was a fight in the hallway and I was the only supervisor outside that was able to stop it," he explained before turning to the board and starting to write today's lesson.

I turned back in my seat, facing forward as I started copying down the notes.

"Are we still doing our senior prank?" Emma adjusted the beanie on her head before walking with me in the cafeteria. The crowded hall was filled with loud chatter from everyone as they were still catching up over the short break.

To be completely honest, I had forgotten all about the senior prank. It's funny; I've been thinking about it ever since I started pulling silly pranks on Damon in fifth grade. I even had a notebook filled with tons of senior prank ideas.