Chapter 32 - A Wild Ash

*NOT EDITED*

Important A/N at the end of the chapter, please read!

Chapter 31

---

Cameron didn't have time to explain how or why she was here when Elyse sprinted down the stairs to check if I was kidding or not. Once she saw that I was serious, the image of Cameron in the flesh standing by the door made her hold on to the stair railings. She slowly walked over to us, her eyes wide as an unbelieving expression was drawn on her face.

"You came back, oh, my God. Honey, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry," Elyse said, her voice trembling as she took her in a hug.

"Please don't apologize. I miss you so much." Her voice cracked and was thick with emotion as she spoke.

Cameron was the only biological daughter of Elyse and dad, and after she was born, Elyse had fertility complications that unfortunately prevented her from getting more kids. That resulted in adopting Damon and I as newborns. I had no idea of who my biological parents were, and I had no intentions to find out. It was never a big matter to me.

Cameron, Damon, and I were as close as can be with her being five years older than us. I was thirteen when Cameron went to college and she was still dating that low-life guy that she met in high school, Warren. We all told her to stay away from him, but she was 'madly in love' with him. I still had my suspicions that he did drugs, though.

So anyways, she went to college with Warren but really, he was pretty much failing every class in college until he dropped out. Yet, Cameron still didn't leave his side and supported his dream of being in a band. We told her that she best stayed away from him because he will influence her but she didn't listen.

And soon enough, he was convincing her to drop out of college as well and move with him to New York City. We thought it was just a foolish thing and she'll snap out of it but she didn't. Things were starting to go out of hand as her grades dropped and all her attention was on him, so Elyse and dad threatened her that if she didn't leave him they'd kick her out of the house. Of course, they were bluffing and they never dared to even think of doing that, but I guess Warren took that as a chance to steer her against us and with him. So they took off to New York City without a word and this was the first time we saw her ever since.

Our parents regretted making that threat every single day since it happened even though Damon and I tried to explain that it wasn't their fault; it was that skunkbag's, Warren.

We took Cameron upstairs with me rolling her bag behind her. Weirdly, she only had one bag with her and it didn't seem that full. I decided not to question her about that or about her reason to being her in the first place—not that I minded at all—since she looked very exhausted with dark circles under her eyes.

Cameron was the exact mixture of Elyse and dad regarding her looks. She had a square chin, blue eyes, strawberry blonde hair, and a curvy body that I sometimes envied. Cameron was the star student of her class, joined almost every school club, captain of her cheer team, and was the valedictorian of her grade with her always perfect ponytail. That's why it was a wonder when she started dating Warren.

Damon walked in to dad and Elyse's room where we were sitting with Reece following him.

"Cameron? What happened?" he asked incredulously and sat down next to her.