Chapter 44 - Strangers

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 44

---

You know that feeling when you've just woken up and the whole room was cold, but you were snuggled and warm under your heavy comforter. You could hear the birds chirping in the morning. It was early in the morning, or it wasn't, you still didn't know that. There was this blissful moment where you didn't know who you were or what was going on with your life.

And then you heard pots and pans banging in the kitchen and everything came back.

My hearted dropped as everything came rushing back. I groaned and turned in my bed.

Today was New Year's Eve.

Everyone was going to parties and having their New Year's Eve kiss whereas I felt like staying and sulking in my bed all day. It sounded like a good plan.

Apparently, Cameron, Sarah, Elyse, and Emma didn't think so.

They all came barging in my room after an hour of staying in my bed and watching old episodes of How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix.

"Get your lazy a** out of bed, it's New Year's Eve," Sarah yelled as she yanked the warm comforter off my body causing goosebumps to rise on my arms.

"I'm not in the mood, can you guys just leave?" I asked, hugging my knees in hopes of returning some of the warmth.

"No," they all said, deadpan.

"I'm serious this time. I don't feel like doing anything but staying in the bed."

"You sound feeble," Cameron said, "are you really going to let that punk ruin the fun that we're supposed to have before I deliver the sucker in my stomach? Then I'll be yelling 24/7. You were stupid enough to fall for him and now you can't get up again. Show him that you don't need him. Show him that you can do six times better than him. Show him what he lost."

"Cameron, I loved him," I said softly. My voice cracked and I felt like there was a ball of cotton stuck in my throats that I couldn't swallow or talk past it.

"I know, Ashie. But you will love again. You have to let him go like I did to Warren."

I looked at her as the words were slowly being processed in my head. She seemed noticeably happier after Warren left—her face brighter, her attitude positive.

"I don't think I can."

"To hell, you can't," Emma said, stepping out of the closet with an outfit in her hand. "If you don't put this on in 10 minutes, I will put it on for you myself."

"Where's Damon?" I asked.

"Soccer practice."

"I forgot all about that," I groaned, "does he know?"

"No, I thought it would've been better if you told him," Elyse answered.

I nodded and watched as they all piled out. I considered locking the door and going back to watching Netflix, but they were all women I didn't want to deal with. If it got to the point where they had to break down the door, no hesitation would be made.